Configure Desk.com integration with Virtual Office
Important: For Desk.com administrators only.
Configuring Desk.com to integrate with Virtual Office app is quick and simple. It is a one-time task for the administrator. Once configured, the app is available to all Desk.com agents.
- Log in to Desk.com account with admin privileges.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Site Settings.
- Enable Phone Integrations to ON.
- Navigate to Channels tab.
- Click the Phone tab.
- In Phone > General tab, set Phone Calls Enabled to ON.
In Phone > Integrations tab, click Add Phone Integration and enter the following details:
- Name: 8x8 VO Plugin
- URL: https://voapi.8x8.com/generic/index.html?pluginType=desk
- Height: 620
- Width: 250
Note: We recommend height and width to be 620 and 250 for optimal viewing.
- Select agents who need the Virtual Office app by clicking on each agent individually.
- Click Update.
With this, the configuration for integration is complete.
- To validate, change your role to NextGen Agent. From the header, click . The 8x8 Virtual Office for Desk.com launches.
- Enter the credentials of your Virtual Office extension and sign in.