You can access the Virtual Office for Desk.com if your administrator has granted permissions. Before you begin using the Virtual Office app, you can
- Import contacts from 8x8 contact directory.
- Determine if you wish to preview contact record .
- Specify settings on previewing call activity.
You can import contacts from 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory for a quick calling access. You can even search from the list.
Check to import contacts from the contact directory.
During an inbound call, the 8x8 Virtual Office app tracks if the caller is an existing user by searching the Desk.com contacts database. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is commonly referred to as Screen Pop.
Based on your preferences, you can select one of the following options:
- When call is offered: Opens contact record when a call is offered.
- When call is connected: Opens contact when a call is connected.
- Do not open contact
If you wish to access call activity associated with the contact, you can enable the option to Open call history in the Settings. It lists call history under Recent Calls .
Search Phone for Screen Pop
By default, the phone number is matched against phone numbers in customer record. If you wish to search for phone number in company record, you can change it in Settings.