To receive or send chats using the 8x8 Contact Center app, you must:
- Be a member of the queue to which the chat is routed.
- Place yourself in Available status.
The data lookup for searching the CRM is via an email address. To trigger a chat request, customers must enter an email ID.
What happens when I am offered a chat?
If the application is open, and your status is Available, the chat notification in the app displays, indicating an incoming chat request. Click to accept chat.
What is a typical chat flow?
- When a chat is offered, the chat notification displays, indicating an incoming chat request.
- Preview the record details and click to accept chat.
- If the incoming chat is from an existing customer, the customer record pops for preview in a new browser tab. The screen pop behavior may vary based on the settings.
- If the request is from a new customer, a New Contact record entry form pops in a new browser tab. Enter the details of the new customer, and save the customer record.
- Answer the customer in the chat window and click to send your message. Your chat entry is posted on the customer's chat window. You are also notified of typing in progress on either end.
- After finishing the chat, click . The timer indicates the time for wrap-up.
- If required, select a chat outcome from the Disposition tab.
- Click Wrap up.
- At the termination of the chat, a chat log pops in a new browser tab. The chat log is saved as an Activity. The log includes information such as the customer email, the direction of the chat, the time the chat was initiated, accepted, and terminated, the tenant ID, the name of the agent that handled the chat, the chat transcript, and more.
Note: The reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted the permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
Note: If you reject the chat, or fail to accept it before the acceptance interval lapses, your status is changed to On Break.
Note: The chat window capacity is 5000 characters to allow agents to communicate large bodies of text, such as FAQs, via the chat window.
Note: If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, 8x8 Contact Center automatically sets your status to Available.