You are here: Get Started
After logging in the to 8x8 Contact Center application, follow the checklist below to get started:
- Activate Microsoft Dynamics integration (only applicable to Individual System Sign-On).
- Enable the call flow settings.
- Set up a phone number to receive calls.
- Check your queue assignments.
How do I activate integration with 8x8 Contact Center?
To activate the integration, you must first connect with Microsoft Dynamics via Settings.
- Log in to Agent Console.
- Click or Settings at the top.
- Select Integrations > Microsoft Dynamics > Connect.
- If connected successfully, you will see a message summary.
- Click X to navigate back to the agent interface. Your integration is now active.
How do I enable settings?
You can control if you wish to preview details of a matched record in your CRM before accepting an interaction. You can also enable automatic call log and screen pop of a call log under Settings. By default, these settings are disabled.
To view and change the settings:
- In Agent Console, click on the top right corner of Agent Console.
Select Integrations > MS Dynamics. You can see the list of settings:
- Auto Call Log: Enable this option to automatically generate a call/chat log. A call log includes information about the time a call was initiated, terminated, duration and more. A chat log includes the chat transcript as well.
- Call Log Pop: Enable this option to view the call log pop in a browser tab once the interaction is terminated.
- Auto Single Match Record Pop: Enable it to pop the record details in a browser tab so the agent can preview and prepare for the call.
How do I set up a phone to receive calls?
You can set up a softphone or a hard phone from the agent profile in Agent Console to receive calls.
- From the drop-down menu, select Profile.
- In Personal settings, enter a phone number or SIP Phone URI.
- Click Make Verification Call to verify the phone number.
- Make sure the phone number is in the right format and click Save.
How do I check my queue assignments?
To process phone and chat interactions from the Virtual Contact Center, you must be a member of phone and chat queues.
Note: Phone queues are separately defined for inbound and outbound communication.
- From Profile, go to the Assigned Queues area.
- Click the desired tab for phone, chat, or voicemail queues.
- Make sure your queue assignment is active.
Open topic with navigation