Access Recent Calls
With 8x8 Contact Center Customer Experience, agents can filter by channel, queue, agent, time, etc. to get a detailed view of their recent calls. They can answer questions such as the type and direction of the call, who answered the call, how long the call remained in the queue, whether the call was hung up by caller, agent or the system, how long the call was on hold, caller's phone number, name, and much more.
- Repeated Calls Count: Find out if the incoming calls are legitimate coming from real customers, or they are machine-generated spam calls made from the same telephone number. Spam calls can affect the productivity of the agents and increase unnecessary work load, not to mention the impact on branding or social image of your company.
- Calls that are hung up by the agent: View if the calls are hung up by the customer or the agent.
- Calls that are rejected by the agent: View the calls that are rejected by the agent, to determine the agent's performance.
- Agents who have performed verification calls: 8x8 Contact Center requires agents to perform verification calls in the agent application. If an agent forgets to complete this requirement before their first live call, the agent's phone may not work properly as a 8x8 Contact Center agent workplace phone to receive calls.
- Calls that are put on hold: View number of times a call was put on hold. An agent who puts a call on hold more than two or three times may require additional training. The length of the hold time is also used to track agent performance.
- Calls that are transferred: View number of times a call was transferred. An agent who transfers too many times may require additional training. It can also indicate an issue with the IVR if calls are not routed to the right agents.
- The type of call transfer: View the type of transfer such as calls transferred to a queue or another agent.
- The amount of time calls waited in queue: Find out how long the calls have waited in the queue.
- The number of times agents put themselves on mute: View the number of times agents put themselves on mute during a call. Excessive mute counts may be an indicator to research root cause of behavior.
- Short inbound calls: Filter inbound calls with call duration of 0-30 seconds. It helps agents to call back the customers they lost connection with or did not finish speaking to.
To achieve any of the above results, a simple search is all you need. For example, transfer count shows the number of times a call is being transferred to another agent or queue.
To track the number of transfers:
- In Customer Experience,
click toopen Recent Calls.
- Under Call section, select Inbound for Call Type.
- Under Call section, select Transfer Count and enter other range of transfers.
- Click Submit.
- The results appear in the right panel, showing the calls with number of transfers within the range.
You can not only filter by channel, queue, agents, etc. and view the details of your recent calls, but also download it on PDF or Excel and save for future references.
To access and download your Recent Calls:
- In the Customer Experience dashboard, click to open Recent Calls.
- Apply the desired filters and click Submit. The search results appear on the right. See the Recent Calls available filters.
Note: For a faster search, save your filters and apply them the next time you need.
- Click to show or hide Column Settings. See the available fields in column settings.
- For a quick search in Recent Calls tab, use the free-text search capability.
- The data appears according to the tenant’s default timezone. Click and click to change the timezone.
- To refresh the filtering results, click Reset.
-The Reset button only refreshes your current search. For a new search, click Reset, enter your search criteria, and click Submit. If you do NOT select a filter, today's date and time from midnight (00:00) to your current time is automatically selected. If you do NOT select a specific IVR script, all scripts used during the time period is included in the report.
-If you choose to save your search filters, remember to set the ending time till the end of the day (for example, select 23:45, or type 23:59 manually) to include all calls in that day.
- To start a fresh search:
- Click Reset.
- Click OK for confirmation.
- Enter new search filters, and click Submit.
- For more actions:
- Click or to download your results with today's date and time stamp. The timezone changes are also reflected in these reports.
- Click to log out of Customer Experience.
- Click under Actions to see Call Flow and more information about each individual call.
The following table shows the filters available in Recent Calls:
|Available Filter Groups||Description|
|TenantYour unique and secure contact center instance running on a 8x8 platform. You use the Configuration Manager to create and configure all aspects of your contact center's resources and operational behaviors, including groups, incoming channels, queues, agents, routing scripts, skills, monitoring, recording, and reporting.||
|Date Range||Specify the date and time range to filter data displayed, such as a few hours in the past, the whole month and history|
You can save your search filters, and run them the next time you need for a faster search. For example, you can search for all the inbound queued calls you or your agent have received in the last month which lasted under 20 seconds, and save your search criteria. If you want to include all calls in the day, you must set the ending time to the end of the day (either select 23:45, or manually enter 23:59).
To save your search filter:
- While in the Recent Calls, select the filter criteria you would like to apply.
- Click Save As.
- Enter a Criteria Name and Criteria Description.
- Click Save As again.
Your search filter is saved and added to the filters drop-down list. You can apply your saved filter to the active calls.
- To update or modify your saved search, make changes in the filters, and click Save.
To delete the saved search from the filters drop-down list, click next to that search in the list.
To return to the default column view, select Reset to Default. To go back to Recent Calls, click outside the column settings. The selected settings are applied.