Overview: 8x8 Virtual Contact Center for
The Virtual Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location.
If you are a supervisor, you can obtain your Supervisor Console login credentials from your administrator. Supervisor Console is simply the Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. with exclusive access to supervisory features. See Administer Contact Center for more information. For details about our latest Virtual Contact Center features, see What's New for Supervisors.
Each agent workstation requires a phone and a computer with Internet address:
- A dedicated physical phone or a softphone, such as Bria (Windows and Mac), that is available exclusively for handling Virtual Contact Center phone interactions during working hours. See Change Your Workplace Number for details.
- A computer equipped with one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (Build 50 or newer)
- Mozilla Firefox (Build 39 or newer)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
For information about agent workstation technical requirements, see your contact center supervisor, or refer to the Technical Requirements document.
Known Issue: If you use Internet Explorer to run Virtual Contact Center applications, you may encounter high memory usage. To resolve this issue, clear your browser cookies and cache, activate the setting to clear history, clear history on exit, and reboot.
Note: Virtual Contact Center is partially compatible with Safari, offering support for the AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console Control Panel functionality.
Note: Firefox requires the QuickTime plug-in for audio features.
Note: Chrome and Firefox do not support the Collapse Window functionality in Agent Console.
- Agent Console is supported in English, European French, and German.
- Customer Experience is supported in English and Canadian French.