Overview: 8x8 Contact Center for
The 8x8 Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location.
If you are a supervisor, you can obtain your Supervisor Console login credentials from your administrator. Supervisor Console is simply the Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. with exclusive access to supervisory features. See Administer Contact Center for more information. For details about our latest 8x8 Contact Center features, see What's New for Supervisors.
Each agent workstation requires a phone and a computer with Internet address:
- A dedicated physical phone or a softphone, such as Bria, that is available exclusively for handling 8x8 Contact Center phone interactions during working hours. See Change Your Workplace Number for details.
- A computer equipped with one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome version 70 or later
- Mozilla Firefox version 48 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge (all versions)
- Apple Safari version 9 or later
You can test your current browser's security standard compatibility. For information about agent workstation technical requirements, see your contact center supervisor, or refer to the Technical Requirements for agents.
Known Issue: If you use Internet Explorer to run 8x8 Contact Center applications, you may encounter high memory usage. To resolve this issue, clear your browser cookies and cache, activate the setting to clear history, clear history on exit, and reboot.
Note: Firefox requires the QuickTime plug-in for audio features.
- AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. 8x8 Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console is supported in English, European French, and German.
- Customer Experience is supported in English and Canadian French.