|1. Control Panel
||Use the Agent Console Control Panel to access the controls and status information, process an interaction, and work with Agent Console tools. Inside the Control Panel, use the Status tabs to maintain your agent status.
Agent Console dynamically adjusts the Control Panel tabs in response to the interaction type and task you are performing. For example, phone interactions are processed using the Phone tab.
The Control Panel menu offers the following action items:
- Phone tab: allows agents to manage phone interactions. All call handling functions such as making calls, placing a caller on hold, conferencing and transferring calls are performed using the Phone tab.
- Chat tab: allows agents to manage chat interactions from customers or from other agents.
- Email tab: allows agents to accept and respond to emails.
- Status tab: displays agents, and queue information such as the number of calls waiting, calls in progress, and the status of logged in agents in your group.
- Notices tab: allows agents and supervisors to post and receive informational notices.
- Profile: allows agents to view or edit their Agent Console account settings.
- My Recording: allows agents to record messages to be played to customers.
- Monitoring: allows agents to display the Console and agent management tool in separate browser window.
- Report: allows agents to display the Supervisor Console report selection and generation tool.
- External CRM: allows agents to initiate an integrated External CRM session.
- CRM: allows agents to access cases, customers, and tasks from the Local CRM.
- Co-browsing: If subscribed to Co-browsing feature, agents can assist customers via a co-browsing session. Agents must enter the session ID communicated to them by the customer in order to establish the session. For details, see Co-browsing for more details.
- Help: allows agents to provide access to FAQ questions, links to our user guides, and 8x8, Inc. Support. You can send your feedback directly; attach images or debug logs from the Help menu.
- FAQ: allows agents to access frequently asked questions and answers for repetitive use.
- User Guide: allows agents to access the product documentation and tutorial videos and learn about the latest features in a separate window.
- Support: allows agents to access our knowledge base, articles, videos, support telephone numbers, and live chat.
Send Feedback: allows agents to send product feedback and suggestions directly to our developers, and attach images or debug logs from the Help menu. For details, see how to send feedback.
Note: The Collapse Window button at the bottom of the Control Panel hides or shows the Display Panel. Your browser may not support the Collapse Window functionality in Agent Console.
|2. Display Panel
|| The Display Panel provides access to CRM data, profile settings, and message recording settings. The Display Panel opens with three default tabs and opens additional tabs for each menu action.
- Customers: lists your open case records by customer.
- Cases: lists your open case records.
- Tasks: lists the tasks assigned to you.
- Directory: This option is only available for users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work and displays the company directory that lists all extension users including 8x8 Contact Center agents. You can search the directory by all available columns, such as Name, Email or PBX Service, Public number, Contact Type, Department, Location, Job Title, and Private number. Type a word or a number in the search box. The results appear as you type. The search applies to all columns and is not case-sensitive. See more details in Shared Directory.
- Monitoring: allows supervisors to review and actively monitor agents, queues, groups, and campaigns.