8x8 Contact Center categorizes phone queues by the direction of the phone calls.
- An inbound phone queue accepts incoming phone calls and directs them to skilled agents. Agents either process these phone calls, or reject them, routing them back to the queue, thus ensuring calls are not discarded.
- An outbound phone queue processes all outgoing interactions including campaign calls, click-to-dial calls, and web callback calls.
To define an outbound phone queue, you need to specify the primary properties, such as queue name, default priority, post-processing timeout, and more. The Properties tab in 8x8 Configuration Manager under Outbound Phone queues allows you to define these properties.
To define outbound phone queue properties:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Queues/Skills.
- Click or Outbound Phone.
- Enter the desired properties in the Properties tab.
The following table summarizes the options under Queues/Skills > Outbound Phone > Properties:
Properties Tab Option Description Queue type Read-only reminder of the type of queue. Queue direction Read-only reminder of the phone queue direction. Specifies if it is inbound or outbound. It is applicable to phone media only. Queue name Enter a name for the queue. Default Priority Choose the priority for this queue, where 1 specifies the lowest priority and 10 specifies the highest priority. This defines the priority for interactions of all media.
By default, 8x8 Contact Center prioritizes the queues as follows:
- Phone queue = 8 (highest default priority)
- Chat queue = 6
- Voicemail queue = 4
- Email queue = 2 (lowest default priority)
Choose how long 8x8 Contact Center must wait before assigning a new interaction from the queue to an agent who has just completed an interaction.
The post-processing timeout enables agents servicing the selected queue to perform any necessary post-interaction tasks before receiving a new interaction. Choose Manual to enable agents assigned to this queue to use their 8x8 Agent Console to explicitly make themselves available for new interactions. When there are multiple agents available with the same queue and skill level assignment waiting to receive the next interaction, 8x8 Contact Center routes the call to the agent who has been idle the longest. For details, see our content on how to reset idle timer for agents.
Voice Recording % Specify the percentage of interactions from this queue recorded by 8x8 Contact Center.
- Click Save.
After you define the queue properties, you are ready to assign members to the queue.