Understand CRM import
If 8x8 Contact Center administrators receive customer data in a CSV file, they can import the data to their 8x8 Contact Center customer file using the Imports tab of the CRM page in 8x8 Configuration Manager. To import data from a CSV file, map each column name from the CSV file to an existing customer contact field. If you have additional fields that do not map to the existing fields in the contact record, you must create custom fields to hold this data.
The data import feature allows a maximum of 50,000 records to be loaded per session, and the records are loaded in increments of 100. Use the Imports tab to view the progress of the current import, including error message for records that cannot be loaded.
To prevent any failure, complete the following tasks before importing:
- Match the columns in the CSV file with the existing CRM fields.
- Create custom fields for additional fields in the CRM page.
- Verify that the email information is unique for each record.
- Confirm that the records with pick list values match the pick list values defined in the CRM field of pick list data type.
- Enter dates in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Verify you have data for all mandatory fields, such as First Name and Last Name.
Confirm the data length of mapping column in the CSV file matches the data length of the mapped customer field in the CRM.
The following table provides the data length of CRM customer fields:
CRM Customer Field Data Length First Name 30 Last Name 30 40 Company 50 Voice 38 Fax 38 Alternative 38 Password 15 Comments 400 Primary Address, Secondary Address
Street (line 1)
CityStreet (line 1)
Custom field - Text
Custom field - Number
up to 4000 (4000 bytes)