Improve Campaigns Call Handling
Improve your campaign call experience using the call handling features and services below. Some of these features will appear only when they are enabled by your contact center administrator:
- Auto Dial Campaign Calls after Preview
- Enable Persistent Connection Mode
- Enable Answer Machine Detection (AMD) Service
- Detect TCPA-Listed Phone Numbers via Carrier Call Blocking (CCB)
- Enable Agents Auto Answering
- Assign Automatic Transaction Codes (Auto-TCL) to Campaigns
- Allow Agents to Skip Campaign Calls While on Auto Answer
If autodial is enabled by your contact center administrator, a preview of the campaign record is offered and triggers the preview countdown. The option to reject or skip the call is also offered during the preview. A notification appears alerting the agent that a call is about to be placed if you do not take an action manually. The system then initiates a call automatically after the preview countdown times out. The minimum preview duration is 15 seconds.
If your contact center administrator has enabled the Persistent Connection Mode, when you place an outbound call, the Persistent Connection Mode dials the destination right away eliminating the need to answer the call from your softphone or pick up the desk phone first. The call is connected right away. If also permitted by the administrator, agents can opt the Persistent Connection Mode in their profile. Go to Menu > Profile and select the desired mode.
If your contact center administrator has enabled the AMD service for your campaign, it identifies machine-answered calls and sends a one-way message to the call routing to end that call and resolve it automatically. AMD is a learning service and needs some time to build an effective library of known audio samples before it reaches the maximum efficiency. Once the library is created, the AMD service resolves a machine-answered call quicker than the manual effort of an agent. AMD works in conjunction with our new Auto-TCL. The transaction code for such calls appears as "Answer machine detected" in CRM Cases or under Historical reports.
AMD resolves a machine-answered call when the following acceptance criteria are met:
- There is an active interaction on an outbound call (non-active interactions include wrong numbers, numbers not in use, system messages).
- The call has a campaign ID from an AMD-enabled campaign.
- The elapsed time of an identified call can be terminated within the locally-configured threshold (two seconds in UK and US).
Note: The AMD service is only applicable to the calls routed via campaigns, but not the outbound calls placed by an agent.
If your contact center administrator has enabled CCB for your campaign, the campaign dialer checks whether the outbound call’s phone number is listed on TCPA list. When it detects a TCPA-listed phone number, the CCB terminates the call. A transaction code such as "Mobile number blocked" or "DNC blocked" is then generated by the system and recorded in the call log via Auto-TCL.
If your contact center administrator has enabled Auto Answer for an agent, every phone interaction that is offered to an agent is automatically connected eliminating the need to accept it manually. This new configurable option enhances agents efficiency by quickly connecting the calls and reducing the number of clicks an agent has to make. Auto Answer also helps prevent agents from rejecting or missing calls on their workplace phone .
Note: Auto Answer is currently on limited availability. Contact 8x8 Support for more help.
When Auto Answer is enabled for the agent, the agent is notified of their new status as soon as they log in.
- Click Ok to continue.
When in Auto Answer mode, agents receive an audio prompt to alert them of a call as it connects. The Auto Answer feature is visually indicated with an A in the phone tab which persists in all agent states.
- If you have changed your workplace setting, you receive a verification call. For details, see our topic about workplace setting validation.
- Answer the call. A four-digit PIN is played to the agent. The PIN code is numeric only and is repeated in the call.
Enter the PIN in the confirmation window and click Confirm. When confirmed, a message in the call verifies the successful verification. The new phone number is now Resources/Images/9-9/icon-validated.png" class="Inlineimages" />VALIDATED.
Note: Validation calls are not auto answered.
Considerations when using Auto Answer:
- The agent’s audio may be connected before any visual notification is made on the screen for the interaction or any screen pop can be enabled.
Direct Agent AccessIn an IVR script, direct agent access permits a caller to reach an agent directly rather than through skills-based routing logic. (DAA) or Direct AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Routing (DAR) calls are only sent in an Auto Answer mode to an enabled agent if they are on an Available state.
- An Auto Answer agent with a post-processing time set to zero could potentially find themselves with a non-stop succession of calls.
- If a supervisor is in Auto Answer mode, monitoring an agent who is not, the supervisor may be connected first, but the customer will continue to hear queue music or the ring tone until the agent is connected.
- Auto Answer is supported by the Virtual Office desktop app. Support for the Bria softphone will follow for this feature in a later release. If the device is not supported, then the system defaults to the standard manual answer.
- The Auto Answer feature is visually indicated with an A in the phone tab which persists in all agent states.
Note: If Auto Answer is enabled, the Answer Call button is absent in the user interface when agents are offered calls.
Note: Auto Answer is only supported on line 1 for phone interactions.
Auto Answer can be combined with the Persistent feature to create an on/off combination of the two features. Auto Answer settings combined with Persistent can be configured at multiple levels depending on the features availability:
|Persistent Off, Auto Answer Off||Phone Connection Mode is On Demand and Auto Answer is off, so the agent needs to answer the phone for every phone interaction.|
|Persistent Off, Auto Answer On||Phone Connection Mode is On Demand and Auto Answer is on, so the agent phone automatically connects, and the interaction is auto answered when offered.|
|Persistent On, Auto Answer Off||Phone Connection Mode is Persistent, so the agent media path is always connected but for every phone interaction the agent needs to click the Accept button.|
|Persistent On, Auto Answer On||Phone Connection Mode is Persistent, so the agent media path is always connected, and the interaction is auto answered when offered.|
If your contact center administrator has enabled Auto-TCL for your campaign, 8x8 Virtual Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location. automatically assigns transaction codes to campaign calls when the destination party is not available to answer the call, or the call cannot be completed such as when there is a busy tone or dead line. This also includes identifying calls that are answered by a machine. Auto-TCL works with Answering Machine Detection (AMD) service to identify such calls and automatically disposition them. It then moves onto the next call with minimal agent disruption. This feature allows agents to be more efficient with their time. Auto-TCL feature must be provisioned to the tenant. Administrators can then set it up in Configuration Manager.
When you run a campaign, the campaign dialer begins calling numbers fed from the CRM. When it detects a TCPA-listed phone number, the CCB terminates the call. A transaction code such as "Mobile number blocked" or "DNC blocked" is then generated by the system and recorded in the call log via Auto-TCL.
Note: Auto-TCL supports campaign calls only.
If your contact center administrator has enabled the skip campaign option, 8x8 Virtual Contact Center allows agents the option to skip the campaign calls when being offered.
To Skip Campaign calls:
- Log in to Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions..
- Change your status to Available.
- When a campaign call is offered, click the Skip button. The next call will be offered.