You may need to refer to your conversation with a customer after you end a chat session. Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. gives you the option to save your chat conversations. At the end of a chat session, you can save the chat transcription as a chat log. If the chat is from an existing customer, the chat log is automatically associated with the customer record as a new case or follow-up.
To save a chat transcription:
- Click on either the Chat window or the chat Popout window.
- Select Save to CRM from the menu. A new case is generated for new customers.
Note: For existing customers, the chat transcript is saved as a follow-up case.
- Select Transaction Codes.
Transaction Codes indicate the outcome of an interaction, and can be optional or enforced depending on the company’s policy.
- Click End to end the chat.
- Click End processing to complete the session.
Note: If transaction codes are mandatory, you cannot end Post Processing until you select a code.