Handle Multilingual Chats
As an agent, you are assigned with a primary language and one or more languages of fluency. If the chat request is not in any one of these languages, you can use the automatic translation tool to process the request. The tool translates chat conversations between you and the customers, offering the flexibility to communicate in a language of fluency. Virtual Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location. offers chat translation support for English, Russian, German, Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese, Portuguese, Italian, and Polish.
The multilingual chat flow can be represented as follows:
- A customer visiting a website initiates a chat by clicking the chat button.
- A pre-chat form is presented to the customer to indicate language choice.
- The customer fills in the form, selects a language to chat in, and submits the chat request.
- The request enters the chat queue in Virtual Contact Center, and is offered to an agent.
- On receiving a chat, the Control Panel indicates the language of choice for the chat.
- On accepting the chat, agents can process the chat using their language of fluency, or use the automatic translation tool. You can choose to hide the original language by selecting Hide original excerpts in the list.
Note: Automatic translation is available only in the absence of language match or a secondary language match. The Google translation logo then shows under the chat window in the Control Panel. The logo appears only the first time during an interaction. On the chat log, the Google Translation appears as a single line without the logo.
In the case of a primary language match, automatic translation is disabled.
- By using the translation tool, messages from the customer are translated to the agent's primary language and vice-versa.