Email interactions provide a means of receiving and responding to customer inquiries using Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions..
Processing email interactions using AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console requires access to Local CRM. If your Agent Console is configured to interoperate with an External CRM, the Local CRM continues to process all email interactions received by Agent Console.
When Agent Console offers you a new email interaction, the Local CRM presents the email in the Display Panel. Based on the email ID or case ID contained in the email, the Local CRM searches for matching records.
- If the From field of the message contains the email address of an existing customer, the relevant customer record pops up, and the incoming email is saved as a new case for the customer.
- If the subject of the email bears a valid case ID from the Local CRM, the customer record pops up, and the incoming email is saved as a follow-up of the relevant case.
- In the absence of matching data, a new customer and case record are created.
For information about configuring your Agent Console profile's email settings, see Configure Your Profile.
The Agent Console email controls enable you to:
- Accept inbound email interactions.
- Reply immediately to an email interaction, or save a partial reply for later processing.
- Transfer an email interaction to a different queue.
- Insert pre-formatted answers to frequently asked questions into email replies.
- Pull and optionally delete unread email messages from your email queues, if your agent account permissions allow it.