Agents can have an unlimited number of chats with agents of the same functional group, such as sales or support, in the same tenant. You can chat with other agents in your group to consult, seek advice, or inform of a customer call transfer. You can initiate an agent-to-agent chat via a menu option in the AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Status tab
- Ability to have an unlimited number of chats with agents of the same functional group in the same tenant.
- Agents can chat with other agents in a group to consult, seek advice, or inform of a customer call transfer.
- Easy-to-remember status icons shows active customer chats, status of the agent and customer responses, and if their response is delayed.
- Receive chats automatically; there is no accept or reject button for agent-to-agent chats.
To initiate a chat with an agent:
- In the Control Panel, go to the Status > Agent Status tab from the Two Tabs view.
- find the agent you wish to chat with from the agent list.
The agent list can also be accessed from Phone > Agents or Chat > Agents.
Note: You need to be part of the same functional group to be able to see and chat with another agent. Supervisors, however, can see and chat with the agents of other groups.
- Click on the agent’s name and select Start a chat from the menu. The chat window opens.
Alternatively, you can go to the Directory tab, find the agent, and click . For details on how to connect with your company's experts via chat, see our content on connect with your company's experts using 8x8 Expert Connect.
- Type your message, and click Send or press Enter.
Note: Status icons indicate pending agent chat messages. These icons disappear when you respond to the message. For a complete description of the status icons, refer to the Multi-Chat Table.
- Click End to finish a chat session.
Note: There is no button to accept or reject agent-to-agent chat. The chats are received automatically.
As Agent B, the moment you receive a chat request from Agent A, the number on the chat tab starts blinking red as shown in . In addition, indicates that a chat requires your response. Note that agent A appears in the Agent List.
To process an incoming chat from an agent:
- In Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., click the Chat tab.
- Start typing your response in the Your Message text box.
- Click Send.