Connect Agents to Experts with 8x8 Expert Connect
With VO-VCC Integration, you can connect your contact center agents with the experts across the company with shared presence, chat, click-to-call dialing and easy transfers.
What do you do when your customer has a complex problem that your agents aren’t equipped to resolve? Bring on the experts, even if they work in other departments of your company. 8x8 Expert Connect brings agents and experts together for fast and first contact resolution. Experts of the same organization as agents, can now initiate chat conversations with agents, using Virtual Office desktop app or Virtual Office mobile app. Experts can check the agent's presence (online or offline status) via the Virtual Office app.
- Expert Connect is used to connect employees from different departments of the same organization.
- Agents and supervisors are advised to log in to both Virtual Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location. and Virtual Office to ensure their message continuity.
- Increased first contact resolution: With 8x8 Expert Connect, organizations with both 8x8 Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center products can break down the barriers between agents and experts to increase first call resolution by 30% or more.
- Shortened call durations: When agents can get to the experts with answers, interactions are more efficient, increasing customer satisfaction while reducing costs.
- Protection of expert’s time: With Expert Connect, agents are not free to constantly barrage experts with questions; your experts can indicate when they are available, and block access when they are busy doing other things.
How Expert Connect Works
Communications between agents and experts is easy with 8x8 Expert Connect. The tight integration between Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center allows shared presence between agents and experts and the ability to chat, call or conference in that expert.
- Unified login: One username and password and one login screen for all 8x8 Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center users.
- Shared presence: Agents can see the expert’s availability from their Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., while experts in the company see agents in the same way that they see all other employees in the company through their Virtual Office mobile app or Virtual Office desktop app.
- Click-to-call dialing: Agents can call the expert through a simple click-to-dial option in the AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console.
- Transfer or conference: Once the expert is engaged, the agent can either transfer the customer to the agent or conference the agent on the call to ensure that the customer’s problem is solved quickly, efficiently, and the first time.
Engage in chat: Agents can reach out to experts via chat to ensure their availability and ask questions. Agents can also receive messages from experts. To receive messages from experts in real time:
- Agents must be logged in to their Agent Console account and be in Available status.
- Agents must be logged in to a Virtual Office app.
To retrieve messages sent when agents are logged out of both apps, they must log into the Virtual Office app. As soon as they log in, the chat messages are offered in the Virtual Office chat.
Note: Logging into Agent Console will not retrieve the messages sent when the agent is offline.
As soon as the agent logs in to the Virtual Office app, the messages sent to him after he logged out of Agent Console will be offered to him in his Virtual Office chat. For details, see our content on how to send and receive messages using 8x8 Expert Connect.
Check the status of other extension users before contacting them. The Directory tab in Agent Console lists all extension users with their status set in the Virtual Office client application. Similarly, you can view the status of agents or other extension users from Virtual Office.
- An agent is shown to be online from the time they log into Agent Console until they log out. The status change such as Available, Work offline, and on Break within Agent Consoleis not reflected in the Virtual Office app.
- An agent is shown to be offline when they log out of the Agent Console.
Handle call center traffic via a dedicated desk phone. Virtual Contact Center agents can now be assigned with dedicated desk phone. These dedicated extensions are meant exclusively to handle inbound and outbound call traffic for agents. You cannot receive, place, transfer, or conference calls using the extension by itself. This helps in tracking and monitoring contact center traffic.
Note: Virtual Contact Center dedicated extensions do not support emergency calling.
Virtual Contact Center agents can chat with each other and with other extension users within the PBX using Virtual Office.
To start a chat:
Connect the customer with the right skilled agent using Call Parking. Call Parking allows agents to park a call to be retrieved by another agent or extension user who may be currently busy. When the agent parks a live call on an available parking extension, the caller hears call park music. The agent can then inform the other agent/extension user about the parked call and the parking extension number via chat. The other user can retrieve the call by clicking on the parked extension.
Note: A call that is parked longer than five minutes is offered back to the same agent who parked the call.
To park a call:
- During a live call, go to the Directory tab in Agent Console.
- Select the CallPark Extensions tab.
- From the list of call parking extensions, select an available extension.
The status of call parking extension is indicated by green (available) or red (busy). You can only park one call at an extension.
- Inform the other agent/extension user about the parked call via chat.
To retrieve a parked call: