Keep track of multiple chats
To keep track of multiple chats in progress, a chat list is maintained for customer chats and agent chats. When a new chat is offered to an agent, the chat list is updated to show this new entry at the top of the appropriate group. A question mark () appears in the new message column next to the customer name. Icons to accept () and reject () offered chats appear in the same row.
The chat session starts as soon as you accept the chat. A customer chat is displayed in the Customer List while an agent chat is displayed in the AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. List. If the agent selects a chat, the chat information is shown in the chat panel with the Transaction tab selected. If the agent accepts the chat, the chat continues as expected.
Manage customer-agent chats during service disruptions
In 8x8 Contact Center8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., customer-to-agent chat interactions are now better handled during service disruptions.
In case a customer abandons their chat with the agent, the interaction remains in the customer list waiting for the agent's review. When the agent is reconnected to 8x8 Contact Center, both the active interactions and the ones which were abandoned by the customer are updated with the correct status. The interactions remain in the customer list until the agent acknowledges them and is ready to move on.
In the previous behavior the abandoned interactions ended before the agent had a chance to review. The new improvement keeps the agent in sync with 8x8 Contact Center and prevents ghost interactions that remain with the agent. When the agent clicks on the interaction in the list, a message notifies them that the session has ended. The message is also saved in the transcript for the supervisor’s review later. For transcripts, see our content on how to access chat transcripts.
In the following use cases, the agent has multiple concurrent chat interactions. Whether there has been a connection issue or the customer has simply abandoned the chat interaction, the agent can see the last few customer interactions in the list. To avoid ghost interactions, click on each customer to see the status of their interaction. A message shows the chat session has ended. Safely end the chat and go through the post-processing.
Use Case 1
- Agent has two ongoing interactions with customers A and B.
- While the agent is focused on the chat with customer B, customer A abandons the chat.
- The post-processing time for customer A ends, but the interaction with customer A does not disappear from the customer list as long as agent is focused on Customer B. Customer A will remain in the list for the agent to attend.
- If the agent clicks on customer A in the chat list, they see a message saying that the interaction has ended, but can still review the conversation. Once the agent clicks away from customer A, it will disappear from the chat list.
Use Case 2
- Agent has two ongoing interactions with Customers A and B.
- There is a service disruption and the agent loses connectivity for a few minutes.
- The service is back up and all interactions remain in the list as long as the agent is focused on other chats, even if the post-processing is ended and the Customer A has left.
- If the agent clicks on Customer A in the chat list, they see a message saying that the interaction has ended.
- Agent can still review Customer A conversation. Once the agent moves away from Customer A chat window and clicks on other customers in the list, Customer A disappears from the list.