8x8 Contact Center allows you to change your status by selecting a status button in the Control Panel. When you are log in to 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., you may or may not be ready to accept new interactions. Choose a status that fits your situation:
- Available: In the Control Panel, click Available to receive new interactions and access all features. In this status you can use tools while waiting for a new interaction, and 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console is permitted to offer you new interactions.
8x8 Agent Console automatically changes your status to Busy or In Progress when you:
- Accept an incoming interaction.
- Place an outbound call through a queue.
- Busy or In Progress: When your 8x8 Agent Console status is Busy or In Progress, you are unavailable to receive new interactions. The amount of time you are allotted to accept an offered interaction is specified by your contact center administrator during the contact center configuration. When you are Busy or In Progress, 8x8 Agent Console enables you to access all 8x8 Agent Console tools.
Note: The Configuration Manager administrator can allow agents to handle up to six chats with customers or an unlimited number of chats with other agents of the same tenant and at the same time.
- Post-Processing: When you complete an interaction, 8x8 Agent Console automatically changes your status to Post-Processing. When your status is Post Processing, you are unavailable to receive new interactions. Use the post-processing interval to perform any tasks required to finalize the interaction. The amount of time you are allotted to perform post-processing is specified by your contact center administrator when they configure the contact center.
Note: If you do not route an outbound call through a queue, your status remains unaffected. If your status is Available while placing an outbound call, you are open for incoming interactions.
Working Offline: In the Control Panel, click Work Offline to prevent 8x8 Agent Console from offering you new interactions, but you can retain the ability to access all features. Change your status to Working Offline, if you are processing the current interaction, updating the CRM data for a previously received interaction, or taking a break. Regardless of why you are Working Offline, 8x8 Agent Console is not permitted to offer you a new interaction.
- Take Break: In the Control Panel, click Take Break to become unavailable to receive new interactions, and disable access to all features.
- Log Out: When you choose this status, you are logged out of 8x8 Agent Console and do not receive any interactions.
- Work Offline
- Take Break
- Take Break
- Log Out
- Work Offline
- Log Out
|Agent Status||Description||Where to access?||Receive new interactions||Available statuses|
|Available||The agent is available to receive new interactions.||Click Available in the Control Panel.||Yes||
|The agent is busy handling a queued interaction.||Automatically changes as soon as the agent accepts a queued interaction.||No||No other status is available during the Busy status until the agent finishes the transaction.|
|Post Processing||The agent has ended an interaction and is preparing to wrap up.||Automatically changes to Post Processing as soon as the agent ends the interaction.||No||No other status is available until the Post Processing time is out. The time is determined by your contact center administrator.|
|Working Offline||The agent is not available to receive new interactions, but all the features are enabled and accessible.||Click Work Offline button in the Control Panel.||No||
|Busy (Stop New)||The agent has accepted a chat and chooses to stop new interactions to wrap up the chat session that is already in progress. This status blocks all queued interactions to this agent.||Click Stop new offered during Busy status. This button is only visible when the agent is handling a chat interaction. To receive more chats, click Resume.||No||No other status is available during the Busy status until the agent finishes the transaction.|
|On Break||The agent is not available to receive new interactions. Access to all features is disabled.||Click Take Break in the Control Panel. You are automatically placed on break when you reject a queued interaction.
Note: The Control Panel becomes unavailable when the agent changes the status to On Break.