Most 8x8 Contact Center agents are assigned to one or more phone queues. Phone queues prioritize and deliver phone interactions to agents whose status is Available, and who are assigned to an enabled queue. For details about your agent statuses, see how to set your status. For details about opting in or out of queue assignments, see how to view your assigned queues.
- Accept inbound phone interactions.
- Record, play, and add notes during phone interactions (if settings permit).
- Transfer phone interactions to different agents, phone numbers, or phone queues.
- Initiate outbound phone calls.
- Set up a multi-party phone conference.
- Make outbound phone calls to agents and external phone numbers.
- Enable Auto Answer.
- Handle Agent whisper.
- Manage card payment via 8x8 Secure Pay.
- Connect agents to experts via phone and chat.