Overview: 8x8 Contact Center for
The 8x8 Contact Center 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. enables agents to use a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage customer interactions across all channels. 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console is easy to use and requires no special software or hardware to run. It is 100% cloud-based and accessible from anywhere and anytime as long as you have a computer and internet access. With 8x8 Agent Console, agents can have quick access to FAQs, use the Local CRM or their familiar External CRM, and see and chat with other agents for coaching and help. 8x8 Contact Center administrators can take advantage of the permission-based application by allowing agents to access certain functions until they are up-to-speed and ready to take advantage of the full capabilities.
If you are an agent, your contact center supervisor provides you with the information you need to access your 8x8 Agent Console account, your contact center policies, and guidelines to use that account. For details about our latest 8x8 Contact Center features, see What's New for Agents.
This guide is intended for:
- The 8x8 Contact Center general users.
- The 8x8 Contact Center users with Unified Login.
- The 8x8 Contact Center users with Unified Login and 8x8 Work.
Each agent workstation requires a phone and a computer with Internet address:
- A dedicated physical phone or a softphone, such as Bria, that is available exclusively for handling 8x8 Contact Center phone interactions during working hours. See Change Your Workplace Number for details.
- A computer equipped with one of the following fully supported browsers for 8x8 Contact Center:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
We do our best to support the following browsers for 8x8 Contact Center:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (latest version)
- Apple Safari (latest version)
You can test your current browser's security standard compatibility. For information about agent workstation technical requirements, see your contact center supervisor, or refer to the Technical Requirements document for Agents.
Known Issue: If you use Internet Explorer to run 8x8 Contact Center applications, you may encounter high memory usage. To resolve this issue, clear your browser cookies and cache, activate the setting to clear history, clear history on exit, and reboot.
Note: We do not support 8x8 Contact Center on mobile browsers.
Note: 8x8 Contact Center is partially compatible with Safari, offering support for the Agent Console Control Panel functionality.
Note: Firefox requires the QuickTime plug-in for audio features.
Note: Your internet browser may not support the Collapse Window functionality in 8x8 Agent Console.
Note: To maintain uninterrupted access, update your web browsers or SSL libraries to the latest available versions. Attempts to access 8x8 web portals on a computer without a TLS 1.2+ compliant browser or SSL library prevents you from configuring your services.
- 8x8 Agent Console is supported in English, European French, and German.
- Customer Experience is supported in English and Canadian French.