- Sound notification alert: An audio alert for incoming interactions. You hear this audio alert when an interaction is offered to you. You can play to check the notification sound. See Personalize Your Console for details.
- Web notification alert: While in the Available state, if you have moved away from the application temporarily, the web notification alerts you of incoming interactions. Click a notification to bring 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console back in focus to handle the interaction.
Web notification alert
In order to receive web notification alerts for incoming interactions, your browser must be either:
- Google Chrome 22+
- Mozilla Firefox 22+
- Internet Explorer does not support web notifications.
- Firefox closes web notifications automatically after a few moments. This is a browser limitation.
- Log in to 8x8 Agent Console and change your status to Available.
- The first time an agent receives a new interaction, they are prompted to allow or block interaction notifications from the application domain. This prompt may vary from browser to browser and is required to avoid notification spam.
- If an agent disables the display of notifications but later changes their mind, they must manually re-enable it in the browser preferences, as the prompt is presented only once.
- Prior to Chrome version 37, the prompt is triggered by user actions such as mouse or keyboard events.
- If the agent accepts to be notified by the application, a notification pops up whenever a new chat, email, phone or voicemail interaction comes in. The behavior and appearance of notification depends on the browser and operating system from which they are triggered.
Note: Chrome shows up to three notifications at a time; older notifications must be dismissed to give place for newer ones. All notifications can be read by clicking the Chrome notification icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). The behavior varies depending on the browser and OS combination.
- Each notification displays the interaction type in its title, and the customer name (if any) in its body. The agent can then click the notification to bring 8x8 Agent Console back in focus. This behavior may vary depending on the browser and OS used.
Note: Clicking the notification does not accept or reject the interaction. The agent must handle the interaction manually.