8x8 Contact Center offers Co-browsing by subscription only. It allows customer support agents to assist customers remotely via a shared browser. With 8x8 Co-browsing, you can empower a website or any browser-based application, and offer live, hands-on assistance to customers. Agents play a secondary role in establishing a remote session. A customer in need of assistance must initiate the remote session, generate a unique session ID, and communicate it to an agent via phone or chat. The agent then uses the ID to establish a remote session. This Co-browsing session co-exists with a call or a chat for communicating the session ID. Depending on the level of privileges granted by the administrator, the extent of remote help varies from a basic view-only mode to complete control of the customer's browser instance.
- Visual, real-time web page assistance: Monitor and assist customers in real time through browser instance shared by the customer.
- Mouse tracking: As a customer, easily follow along by viewing the agent’s mouse location and movement.
- Platform details: Access information about the customer’s platform.
- Sub-domain support: Enable the Co-browsing session to continue working if the user navigates to a site that is hosted in a sub-domain, assuming that Co-browsing is also available in that new sub-domain.
- Form co-filling: Co-fill forms on websites.
- Customer privacy and security: During a Co-browsing session, if the customer is filling a form and entering sensitive information such as SSN in a form, it can be encrypted and hidden from the agent.
- Highlighting: Agents can highlight content on web pages and call out information to customers during Co-browsing. Highlight key elements on the page with drawing tools.
- Auto-fit: Agents can automatically scale the browser view to fit customer's view settings. If the customer's screen is bigger than the agent during a Co-browsing session, agents will have to scroll constantly. With the ability to auto-fit, agents can enable “Auto-fit” to automatically scale the view to fit agent's view settings or manually increment/decrement the zoom level to the desired value.
- Privilege control: You can control the extent of remote help agents can offer using Co-browsing mode. It varies from a basic view only mode to complete control of the browser instance. Take control of the customer’s screen, with their permission.
- Co-browsing only works in HTTP secure web pages.
- Adobe Flash components, including videos, and Java applets are not supported.
- Anything that is external to the current page is not supported. This includes the file browser window that is open when selecting a file to be uploaded.
- Native tooltips are not visible between the two parties.
- Web pages with iframes and different domains are not supported.
- If the web pages open new browser window and the content has Co-browsing, this new window replaces the content in the agent side.
Co-browsing is supported on the following browsers:
Google Chrome (latest version)
Firefox (latest version)
Safari (Mac only: version 7.0 and above)
Internet Explorer 11 (Co-browsing is not supported on IE 11 in compatibility mode)
By setting up a Co-browsing mode, administrators can control the extent to which agents can assist customers remotely. Co-browsing can be enabled in one of the following modes via code snippet. If you do not provide a mode in the code snippet, full-control is the default mode:
- full-control (default): In this mode, agents have full control of the customer's browser session, including synchronized navigation and the ability to highlight and co-fill a form on the web page. The agent's cursor movements and mouse clicks are in sync with the customer, and vice versa. This is the default mode. If you do not provide a mode in the code snippet, full-control is the default mode.
- partial-control: In this mode, agents can highlight and control the browser navigation, but do not have the privileges to fill any forms on the Co-browsed page. All HTML form elements are disabled on the agent side, alerting agents with the message "Forms cannot be edited on the agent side".
- no-control: This is a view-only mode. Agents can observe the customer’s navigation, highlight, and offer guidance.
- The highlighter works in all modes.
- In the full-control and partial-control modes, we cannot prevent agents from controlling form elements that are not native to the browser, such HTML drop-down.
Help customers remotely
Co-browsing is a secure connection that offers 8x8 Contact Center agents the ability to remotely provide hands-on assistance to customers who use Configuration Manager. The agent can view the Configuration Manager session opened by the customer, co-browse, observe the mouse movements, and offer hands-on assistance if needed. The session respects the browser size set by the customer. Customers can also observe the agent's mouse movements and highlighted text.
Agents play a secondary role in establishing a remote session. A customer initiates a request for a session by generating and communicating a session code, while the agent uses the code to establish a session. For a remote session, the customer clicks Co-browsing on the top header bar to generate a new session ID. They then communicate the session ID to the agent.
To help a customer remotely via a Co-browsing session:
- Log in to 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. as an agent.
- Select Co-browsing option from the menu.
This opens a new browser window prompting for the ID.
- Enter the ID received from the customer to initiate Co-browsing and click Start.
The complete Co-browse session is established and the agent can see the customer's screen. The co-browsing window is automatically minimized as soon as the co-browsing session is established. The minimized window remains on top of the agent's screen indicating the status of the session. The agent can see the full or partial control at the top of the screen. The other party's mouse movement is visible for both parties.
- Click Auto-fit on the top header bar to automatically scale the view to fit your available space.
You can manually increment or decrement the zoom level to your desired value.
- Toggle on highlighting on the top header bar.
You can mark specific components in the page. The marks are visible for both agents and customers for a few minutes or until the agent toggles it off. It also disappears when the customer moves away from the page.
Note: During a Co-browsing session, if the customer is filling a form and entering sensitive information such as SSN, it is hidden from the agent by showing **** instead of the real letters and numbers.
- Click Close session to end the co-browsing session.