Process chat interactions
In 8x8 Contact Center8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., chat interactions provide a means of responding in real time to customer inquiries.
Depending on the configuration of your contact center, the contact center's chat access page can be configured to allow or require a customer to supply an account number, case ID, or other numerical information before beginning the chat interaction. When you accept the new chat session, 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console uses the information to automatically access customer or case records in the Local CRM.
If the customer has not supplied any identifying information before beginning the chat, you can ask the customer via chat window the information you need to create a new customer or case record.
8x8 Contact Center agents may be assigned to one or more chat queues. Chat queues prioritize and deliver chat interactions to agents whose status is Available, and who are assigned to an enabled queue.
Note: As an agent you can process up to six concurrent chats from customers, and an unlimited number of chats with agents.
- Provide a means of responding in real time to customer inquiries.
- Process up to six concurrent chats from customers, and an unlimited number of chats with agents.
- Use the customer information in chat to automatically access customer or case records in the Local CRM.
- Agents and customers can request or allow Co-browsing sessions via chat.
- Provide multilingual support for chat.
- Ability to use an automatic translation tool.
- Access auto log and screen pop for chats.
- Comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 to increase the usability of your website for people with disabilities.
Overview of chat interactions
8x8 Agent Console chat controls allow you to:
- Process chat interactions
- Handle multiple chats
- Handle multilingual chats
- Handle SMS interactions
- Handle Social interaction
- Transfer customer chats to a different queue
- Save chat logs
- Insert FAQ responses into chat interactions