Enable Persistent Connection Mode
The Persistent Connection Mode was previously known as off-hook connection mode. There is no change to the functionality, but just the terminology. The following changes have been made for the new Persistent Connection Mode:
- Visual indication has been removed from the UI
- Confirmation pop up and connection mode enabled
- Call Offered, PIN authentication confirmation and failure
- Connection open and closed
- Connection dropped
By selecting the Phone Connection Mode, agents can set up their voice connection before they start working on calls and remain connected throughout their working day. Agents can respond to incoming and outbound phone calls with a simple click on the user interface improving their call handling efficiency. If the administrator allows agents to change their Phone Connection Mode, agents can choose one of the following modes from profile:
- On Demand: On Demand Connection Mode creates a temporary connection from the agent’s workplace phone to the system. The agents have to manually accept the call in their soft or hard phone.
- Persistent: Previously referred to as off-Hook Connection Mode, Persistent Connection Mode creates a constant connection from the agent’s workplace phone to the system. Once the connection is open, it will stay active until logged out. Any changes to the setting will remain in effect for the whole duration of the agent’s Persistent Connection Mode. Agents set up their voice connection before they start working on calls and remain connected throughout their working day. It allows them to respond to incoming and outbound phone calls with a simple click on the user interface, improving their call handling efficiency.
- Agents can immediately and seamlessly connect to customers.
- Offers a Persistent Connection Mode from the agent's device to VCC that is ready for outbound dialing.
- Removes the need to connect the agent's workplace phone for every call handled.
- Increases productivity from a higher throughput of calls.
Enable Persistent Connection Mode in Agent Profile
To enable Persistent Connection Mode in Agent Console:
- Log in to Agent Console. Your status is set to On break.
- Change your status to Available. It triggers the outbound call from to agent's workplace phone/SIP.
- Answer the phone call to receive a four-digit PIN code to authenticate the Persistent Connection Mode. This PIN is valid only for that session
Note: Every time agents log in and make themselves available, they receive a new PIN for authentication.
- At the prompt, enter the PIN and click Confirm. You are now connected to Persistent Connection Mode. A message appears on top indicating that Persistent Connection Mode is open. If you miss the call, click to re-open the connection.
Note: This option is available only if it is enabled by the administrator in the Configuration Manager.
Work with Persistent Connection Mode
When you receive an inbound call, the phone tab blinks red. Click Answer Call in the Control Panel and get connected right away without shifting focus to your desk phone or soft phone.
- Log in to Agent Console. Make sure Persistent Connection Mode is enabled in the agent profile. The connection mode can only be enabled for agents if the administrator has already enabled it.
- Click to change your status to Available. It triggers the outbound call from Virtual Contact Center to agent's workplace phone/SIP.
- A new status is now offered: Persistent Call Offered.
- Accept the offered calls to instantly connect to the inbound call, or hear Virtual Contact Center ringing the customer for the outbound calls.
- Log out to close your connection. A notification appears when the connection is dropped.
Note: If the connection drops due to an interrupted line or a call being hung up, a notification appears allowing the agent to open the Persistent Connection Mode again. Click Open connection to continue.
If permitted by the administrator, agents can opt the connection mode in their profile. Go to Menu > Profile and select the desired mode.
Combinations for Phone Connection Mode and Auto Answer Settings
Auto Answer can be combined with Persistent Connection Mode to create an on/off combination of the two features. Auto Answer settings combined with Persistent Connection Mode can be configured at multiple levels depending on the features availability:
|Persistent Off, Auto Answer Off
||Phone Connection Mode is On Demand and Auto Answer is off, so the agent needs to answer the phone for every phone interaction.
|Persistent Off, Auto Answer On
||Phone Connection Mode is On Demand and Auto Answer is on, so the agent phone automatically connects, and the interaction is auto answered when offered.
|Persistent On, Auto Answer Off
||Phone Connection Mode is Persistent, so the agent media path is always connected but for every phone interaction the agent needs to click the Accept button.
|Persistent On, Auto Answer On
||Phone Connection Mode is Persistent, so the agent media path is always connected, and the interaction is auto answered when offered.
Open topic with navigation