8x8 Contact Center allows agents to transfer an active phone call to an external phone number.
To transfer a phone interaction to an external number:
- During an active call, notify the current caller that you are going to transfer them to another telephone number.
- While in an active call on line 1, click line 2 in the Phone tab.
Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. automatically places the phone interaction on line 1 on hold.
- Type a telephone number then click Dial.
- In the United States, type <1> before the area code.
- If AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console prompts you to choose a Transaction CodeThe Transaction Codes feature enables agents to supply supplemental information about the reason for or outcome of an interaction. Transaction codes provide enhanced metrics or enable the calling line ID on an outbound call to be modified. For example, transaction codes could be created for different categories of sales activities such as Initial Contact, Prospect, Customer Satisfied, and so on., choose a code from the list, and click Save.
For details, see our topic on selecting transaction codes. Ringing appears instead of Dial, indicating that Agent Console has called the number.
- After the second party has answered the phone, tell the second party you are transferring a phone interaction to them, then click to complete the transfer. Agent Console changes your status to Post Processing.
- To transfer the call before the second party answers the phone, click .
Agent Console forwards the call, then changes your status to Post Processing.
Note: If the second party does not answer the call, and the second party does not have a voice mailbox, the call eventually times out and is dropped.
- Click End Post Processing to change your status to Available, or click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks. For information about your contact center's timeout interval, contact your contact center administrator.