In 8x8 Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location., agents can add an external party to a conference call. Notify the current caller, dial the external number, and click Join Lines once the line is answered.
To add an external party to a conference call:
- Announce to the current caller that you are going to add them to a multi-party conference call.
- Open the Phone tab, and click line 2.
Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. automatically places line 1 on hold.
- In the number text entry area, type a telephone number, and then click Dial.
- In the United States, type 1 before the area code.
- If AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. 8x8 Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console prompts you to choose a Transaction CodeThe Transaction Codes feature enables agents to supply supplemental information about the reason for or outcome of an interaction. Transaction codes provide enhanced metrics or enable the calling line ID on an outbound call to be modified. For example, transaction codes could be created for different categories of sales activities such as Initial Contact, Prospect, Customer Satisfied, and so on., in the list of codes, choose a code, then click Save. For details about choosing Transaction Codes, see our content on how to select transaction codes.
- If you receive the agent's voicemail, click End Call to disconnect the call and return to line 1.
- If a person answered the phone, tell them that you are adding them to a conference call, and then click Join Lines.
Agent Console connects both the new participant and you to any callers already on line 1.
- Click End Call to disconnect from the conference.
Agent Console leaves the other parties connected to the conference call.