Overview: 8x8 Contact Center for
The 8x8 Contact Center Agent ConsoleVirtual Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. enables agents to use a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage customer interactions across all channels. AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console is easy to use and requires no special software or hardware to run. It is 100% cloud-based and accessible from anywhere and anytime as long as you have a computer and internet access. With Agent Console, agents can have quick access to FAQs, use the Local CRM or their familiar External CRM, and see and chat with other agents for coaching and help. 8x8 Contact Center administrators can take advantage of the permission-based application by allowing agents to access certain functions until they are up-to-speed and ready to take advantage of the full capabilities.
If you are an agent, your contact center supervisor provides you with the information you need to access your Agent Console account, your contact center policies, and guidelines to use that account. For details about our latest 8x8 Contact Center features, see What's New for Agents.
This guide is intended for:
- The 8x8 Contact Center general users.
- The 8x8 Contact Center users with Unified Login.
- The 8x8 Contact Center users with Unified Login and Virtual Office.
Each agent workstation requires a phone and a computer with Internet address:
- A dedicated physical phone or a softphone, such as Bria (Windows and Mac), that is available exclusively for handling 8x8 Contact Center phone interactions during working hours. See Change Your Workplace Number for details.
- A computer equipped with one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (Build 50 or newer)
- Mozilla Firefox (Build 39 or newer)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
For information about agent workstation technical requirements, see your contact center supervisor, or refer to the Technical Requirements document.
Known Issue: If you use Internet Explorer to run Virtual Contact CenterA contact center that enables agents to be located in different geographical locations yet managed as if they were located in the same physical location. applications, you may encounter high memory usage. To resolve this issue, clear your browser cookies and cache, activate the setting to clear history, clear history on exit, and reboot.
Note: Virtual Contact Center is partially compatible with Safari, offering support for the Agent Console Control Panel functionality.
Note: Firefox requires the QuickTime plug-in for audio features.
Note: Your internet browser may not support the Collapse Window functionality in Agent Console.
- Agent Console is supported in English, European French, and German.
- Customer Experience is supported in English and Canadian French.