Stop new chat interactions
- Clicking Stop New blocks incoming chat requests.
- Clicking Resume allows incoming chat requests.
- Stop New is limited to queued chat interactions only.
- The Stop New button is only available in busy state during multi-chat.
- Monitoring shows when agent status changes to Busy (stop new).
To stop new interactions:
- While you are processing chat interactions, your status automatically changes to Busy.
- Click Stop New from the 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions. Control Panel.
Your status changes to Busy (stop new). While in this state, you are not offered any new chats.
- Wrap up the existing chat sessions.
On wrapping up the last chat session, your status changes to Post Processing, and then to Work Offline, instead of being offered a new chat.
To resume new interactions:
- While in Busy (stop new) status, new chat requests are blocked.
If you wish to resume, click Resume from the 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console's Control Panel.
- Any queued chat request is offered to you immediately.
Begin processing chat interactions.