Access Chat Transcripts
We offer supervisors the capability to access transcripts of chat conversations between agents and customers. Using the Monitoring privilege, supervisors can access internal (agent-to-agent) and external (customer-to-agent) chat transcripts. saves all chat messages automatically, and cannot be disabled.
As a supervisor, you can:
- Access saved chat interactions using the Monitoring > Playback tab.
- Discern between internal and external records.
- Search chat records by specific data fields.
- Filter chat records by queue, agent, or channel.
- Sort the records by column headers.
- Select a different time zone to view the chat record. Ability to choose different time zones.
- Search for content within a chat record.
- Access transaction details, such as duration of chat, the channel and queue it was directed through, and more.
- Access pre-chat metadata (when available) for each interaction.
- Download the transcript.
- Pop out the chat transcript window from the Monitoring tab.
Images shared during a chat are not saved while downloaded.
How to Access Chat Transcripts
As a supervisor, you can log in to Console, sort, search, and filter for desired chat transcripts.
To view chat transcripts:
- Log in to Supervisor Console.
- From the Control Panel menu, select Monitoring.
- In the Monitoring window, select the Playback tab.
- Select Chat to access all chat transcripts.
A list of available chat transcripts shows.
- To filter, click Filter Window. Select the desired filter criteria for queues, agents, and channels.
- To sort, click any desired column header. The list gets sorted alphabetically, numerically, or by date.
- For a custom search, use the Advanced Search option. Create a desired search query, and click Search.
- Click the desired chat transcript from the list to view the details.
- To view the transaction details, click the Transaction tab on the right-hand side.
- To view the pre-chat metadata, click the Pre-chat tab. The tab shows only if the chat included a pre-chat form.
- To download the chat transcript, click Download on the right-hand side. It saves the transcript as a text file.
- To search for a keyword within the transcript, enter the keyword in the search box. If found, all instances of the string are highlighted within the record.
- To pop out the chat transcript window, click .
Select a Time Zone in the Recorded Chat
By default, each chat transcript is shown in the tenant time zone. You can select a time zone from the following choices:
- Supervisor timezone: Shows the chat time in the time zone of the supervisor.
- Contact timezone: Shows the chat time in the contact's time zone.
- timezone: Show the chat time in the time zone of the agent.
- Other timezone: Allows you to change to any available option for GMT.
To select a time zone in the recorded chat, in the Monitoring window, select Playback > Chat. Click the Supervisor timezone drop-down box to see other options.
Open topic with navigation