8x8 Contact Center: Social media integration
Take advantage of Facebook and Twitter to service customers directly and increase customer satisfaction with 8x8 Contact Center Social Integration. By unifying the agent experience, 8x8 Social allows users to channel their messages from social media into 8x8 Contact Center. Customers can contact the businesses and receive support from within their social platform.
8x8 Contact Center social supports messaging via Facebook and Twitter in this release.
With 8x8 Contact Center social integration, you can:
- Set up social channels in your contact center application.
- Direct messages received in Facebook and Twitter to the chat channels in 8x8 Contact Center.
- Allow agents to accept and handle chat requests from social media.
- Set up social scripts to identify existing customers using the social ID and greet them accordingly.
- Learn more about the customer and direct them to the agents with the right skills.
- Create new customer records in the Local CRM.
- Access chat transcripts in the Local CRM.
- Access chat history during a live chat.
- Support for an external CRM is not offered in this release.
- Agent cannot initiate outbound chats to the social media.
- Multimedia messaging is not within the scope, only text messaging is supported.
- Chat auto translate is not supported for Twitter interactions.
Messaging from guest users via the Facebook Chat plugin is not supported. Messaging only from users logged in to their Facebook accounts is supported.
Let’s say your business has set up Facebook and Twitter accounts to communicate with your customers effectively. Customers visiting your Facebook page can simply initiate a chat with a live agent in your contact center via the Facebook Messenger. Agents in your contact center receive the chat request via the contact center chat queue. Upon accepting the chat request, agents can interact with the customer and assist them immediately.
To provide the business context, we will use the example of Robin’s Fashions, a fictitious company. This company specializes in selling shoes, handbags, and cosmetics. They offer membership based services to help serve their customers better. They have set up business pages on Facebook and Twitter. The company connects with their customers through their social media pages and wishes to serve them more efficiently via their chat channels. We refer to this business use case throughout this guide.