Set up Phone Channels
A phone channel processes inbound phone interactions in a Virtual Contact Center tenant.
Phone channels in the Virtual Contact Center define phone numbers that your customers use to call your contact center.
A tenant can have two types of phone channels:
- Service channels: A service channel is a regular phone channel associated with a telephone number. It is automatically created when a number is ordered for the tenant through provisioning. You can edit a service channel, and enable or disable it in Configuration Manager. An IVR script is linked to the service channel by default.
- Agent channels: An agent channel is associated with Virtual Contact Center agents, and is automatically created when you create a Virtual Contact Center agent in Account Manager. You can edit an agent channel, and enable or disable it in Configuration Manager. See how to configure an agent channel. A default IVR script is linked to the agent DID and agent PBX extension. The administrator can create a custom script and configure it for the agent. For details about the two default agent scripts, refer to Create a Phone IVR Script.
Service phone channels can only be added or removed from your Virtual Contact Center tenant by a Virtual Contact Center representative. The representative coordinates the acquisition and routing of the phone number to the 8x8 platform that hosts your tenant.
- Facilitate inbound phone interactions in a Virtual Contact Center tenant via Service channels and Agent Channels.
- Interact directly with the appropriate phone queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Automatic creation of Service channels with numbers ordered for the tenant through provisioning.
- Ability to edit enable, and disable Service channels via Configuration Manager.
- Access to a default IVR script linked to the Service channel.
- Automatic creation of Agent Channel when you create a Virtual Contact Center agent in Account Manager.
- Ability to edit, enable, and disable Agent Channels via Configuration Manager.
- Access to default IVR script linked to the agent DID and agent PBX extension.
- Ability to create a custom script and configure it for the agent.
Setting up a phone channel involves:
Open topic with navigation