As an agent, you can chat with up to six customers. You need to be part of a queue to receive chats coming to that queue. When a customer chat arrives in the queue, it is offered to the available agent who has been waiting for the longest time.
- Agents can chat with up to six customers.
- Agents can accept or reject incoming chats.
- Chat is offered to the available agent who has been waiting in the queue for the longest time.
- Agents can access the customer nickname, last name, first name, and email ID in the pop-out chat window's title bar.
- Remote customer assistance is offered via chat using the Co-browsing capability.
Before you start:
First, you need to check if you are part of a chat queue to receive their chats:
- Log in to .
- Click the Available state.
- Click Profile in the main menu.
- In My Profile page, go to Assignment and open the Chat tab. Check if you are assigned to the right chat queue.
To process a customer chat:
- In Agent Console, when a new chat is offered, click to go to the chat window.
- Click to accept the chat. The tab changes to , indicating the number of active chats waiting.
- If it is an existing customer, the chat list gets updated with the customer information. The customer's detailed record also opens in a new tab.
- Type your message in the chat window and click Send.
Note: Click to open a chat window. The title bar in the pop-out chat window shows the customer nickname, last name, first name, and email ID. If it is a new customer, it shows the Transaction ID.
- The blue status icons indicates if a customer has sent you a message and waiting for your response. If the customer waiting time exceeds SLA, the status icon turns red in the chat list. For details, refer to Multi-Chat Table.
- To accept a second incoming chat, click Accept. The customer chat list gets updated automatically.
- Open the chat window as desired. When you are done chatting, terminate the chat session by clicking End.
- To save the chat transcript, click in the chat window, and select Save from the menu.
- Click End Post Processing to complete the session.
Note: The customer name remains in the chat list while the post processing window is open. Closing the pop-out chat window closes the window, but does not end the chat.
Offer Remote Customer Assistance Via Chat
8x8’s offers remote customer assistance via chat using the Co-browsing capability. Co-browsing is available by subscription only and must be enabled by your administrator in Configuration Manager. Once the administrator enables Co-browsing for chat, agents can invite customers for Co-browsing during a chat session in Agent Console. With Co-browsing, agents can quickly help customers find the information they are looking for, or clarify any questions they may have.
To start and stop Co-browsing:
- Log in to Agent Console.
- Accept the incoming chat interaction.
- Open the chat interaction menu, and select Invite for Co-browsing.
The customer is prompted to accept the invitation for Co-browsing, and clicks Yes, Start Sharing.
The agent is notified when the customer accepts the invite.
- Click Join to continue.
You can see the customer's screen now.
- Click Auto-fit on the top header bar to automatically scale the view to fit your available space.
You can manually increment or decrement the zoom level to your desired value.
- Toggle on highlight on the top header bar.
You can mark specific components in the page. The marks are visible for both agents and customers for a few minutes or until the agent toggles it off. It also disappears when the customer moves away from the page.
Note: During a Co-browsing session, if the customer is filling a form and entering sensitive information such as SSN, it is hidden from the agent by showing **** instead of the real letters and numbers.
- Click Stop Co-browsing when the session ends.
The customer can start or stop a Co-browsing session by clicking in the Chat window.
Open topic with navigation