You are here: What's New for Agents?
What's New in the Virtual Contact Center 9.7.3 Release for Agents?
New features and enhancements to Console impact supervisors and agents. Some of these features are available to agents and supervisors
by default, while others need to be enabled by administrators to benefit from the functionality.
The following are features and enhancements introduced in recent product releases:
Access to Related Emails Improves Customer Experience
Agents can now access queued emails from the same customer, review and respond to them at once. When a customer sends multiple emails within a short time interval regarding a case, all emails get queued. When an agent opens the first email to respond, there is a link to view the queued emails from the same customer. The agent can now click this link to view all the queued emails, and review and respond in a single email if they are related to the same case. This helps agents consolidate their response in a single email and increase their efficiency while improving the customer experience. For details, see our content on how to access customer's related emails.
Improved Search Filter for Closed Cases in History Activity
We have introduced a new filter to search the closed cases in History Activity. This feature helps supervisors investigate customer complaints regarding an agent's lack of response. It particularly helps investigate a case that has been accidentally closed by the agent.
For example, when processing related emails from a customer, an agent may close a case assuming it is related to the case he has reviewed. The unhappy customer may escalate the issue. With the improved search filter, the customer's complaint is now easier to track. For details, see our content on searching closed cases in history activity.
Enhanced Email Header in a Case Response
When you respond to a case or a follow-up, the response automatically includes the email header. The header shows information about sender, recipient, subject, date and time. This enhancement facilitates crafting a response quickly. To see the improved email header, click Reply to a customer case or follow-up and check the email's description window. For details, see our content on how to respond to emails.
What's New in the Virtual Contact Center 9.7.1 Release for Agents?
We have introduced some performance improvements and bug fixes in this release.
- Refreshed new look for
Whether you are an agent or a supervisor of Virtual Contact Center, you will certainly love the new refreshed user interface of all our applications. Look out for the notifications when you launch your application. Please note that we have kept all our functionality workflows intact so there is no learning curve for you.
- Ability to message customers via Facebook and Twitter
Take advantage of Facebook and Twitter to service customers directly and increase customer satisfaction with Virtual Contact Center Social Integration. By unifying the agent experience, 8x8 Social allows users to channel their messages from social media into Virtual Contact Center. Customers can contact the businesses and receive support from within their social platform. Virtual Contact Center Social supports messaging via Facebook and Twitter in this release.To receive chat interactions, agents must be assigned to an enabled chat queue and be in Available state. See how to handle social interactions.
- Enhanced usability of rich text editor
Agents using the Local CRM can now craft their cases and follow-ups using the updated rich text editor. Drag and drop your images or paste them from your clipboard quickly improving your productivity. See Insert Images in Case Description.
Known Limitation: Copying (Ctrl-C) and pasting (Ctrl-V) images is currently not supported on Internet Explorer 11. You can drag and drop the images.
- Enhanced FAQs for customers
Assist your callers with more elaborate FAQs not worrying about the limited word count. The character limit for your FAQ is now increased from 4k to 40k. Only supervisors can create or edit FAQ categories and answers. See how to insert an FAQ from the Cases tab or Chat window.
- Increased length of email addresses
You can now save email addresses exceeding 55 characters. The maximum limit now stands at 254 characters. This change allows many areas such as saving longer email IDs of agents, customers in Local CRM, setting up email notification for voicemails, and more.
For the complete list of areas benefited with this enhancement, see below. See how to configure your user profile and email address.
Compressed embedded images
When you embed a high resolution image in your case, follow-up, or an FAQ, they are compressed automatically for faster processing and for saving bandwidth. Simply drag and drop the desired images into your content. See how to Insert Images in Case Description.
Note: The maximum size allowed for image attachments is 20 MB. You can drag and drop images up to a maximum size of 10 MB.
The following list includes features and enhancements introduced in the recent product releases:
- Ability to sort pending emails by waiting time, case ID, and more: In , agents can now sort the pending emails by longest waiting time, case ID, contact name, company, subject, and more. All the column headers in the grid view of pending emails are now active for sorting. See how to pull emails from a queue.
- Enhanced voicemail email notification: If enabled by the administrator in Configuration Manager, agents can receive voicemail email notification. The voicemail email notification provides more data allowing you to track the queued voicemails better. The following information is captured in the voicemail email notification:
Transaction ID, tenant name, cluster ID, phone queue ID, voicemail queue ID, calling name, interaction GUID of the inbound phone queue, transaction ID of the inbound phone interaction, voicemail begin offset, filename, agent name, and voicemail retrieval delay.
- Ability to prevent agents from rejecting interactions: If prevented by administrators in Configuration Manager, agents cannot reject the interactions they are offered by certain or all agent groups. The Reject button in Agent Console is disabled preventing agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered. By default, agents can reject interactions.
- Improved broadcasting: Agents now receive an improved broadcasting message informing them of a platform switch. In addition to the notification message, a red alert bar also shows up at the top of the Control Panel alerting agents and reminding them to exhaust the interactions waiting in the queue. Agents are required to log out and log back in as they may experience some instability during the platform switch. See how you can View Notification Messages.
- Ability to save agent preferences on server: Agents can now save their preferred settings and options such as their last selected tabs in Monitoring, pop-up chat and FAQ window size, their favorites and recents tabs, etc.on the server and access them on different computers or browsers. Prior to this enhancement, agents were able to save their preferences on their profiles and access them at the browser level only.
- Allow agents to change display name: This new improvement allows agents to present themselves with a customized display name. The new feature ensures agent privacy and helps them save time and effort to introduce themselves to customers every time they start a new chat. The agent display name appears in the Agent Console's Control Panel, Profile page, chat window, and CRM case created after a chat session. It can be modified by the Virtual Contact Center administrator in the Configuration Manager or, if permitted, by the agents in Agent Console's Profile page. The updates in Agent Console application immediately appears in Configuration Manager and vice versa. See Configure Your Profile to learn how to configure your profile.
- Enhanced control for CRM reports: If enabled by the administrator, agents can create or download reports. They can always run a report, however, even if the ability to download a report is disabled.
- Increased data limit for inbound emails: The maximum size of an inbound email routed via email channels is now increased from 10 MB to 30 MB. You can now receive an email up to 30 MB in size. This includes the size of the attachments.
- Notification of delayed uploading of queue data: When agents want to transfer a phone, email, and chat interaction to another queue, they may experience a delay in accessing the entire list of queues, including queues they are not part of. This may result in loading a partial list of queues, which is indicated by an exclamation symbol next to the Transfer button.
- Improved error messages in CRM integration: If the screen pop fails to open when working with Virtual Contact Center Local CRM or External CRM, the descriptive alert message notifies agents of some troubleshooting tips.
- Ability to initiate co-browsing via Chat
- Improved Help interface: Agents can now access FAQs, user guides, and support page via the Help menu. They can also submit feedback about the product using the Help menu.
- Supported localization: We support European French and German languages.
- Supported Microsoft Edge browser
- Improved login time for agents: The time that it takes to log in to Agent Console has been greatly improved in this release.
- Improved Chat window capacity: Increased the chat window capacity to 5000 characters. This enhancement allows users to communicate large bodies of text, such as FAQs, via the chat window.
- Ability to clone tasks in Local CRM: Agents can replicate tasks quickly with a click on the task form, creating a new task.
Release 8.4 (Virtual Contact Center Users with Unified Login and Virtual Office)
Open topic with navigation