Define a Role with Granular Control
Managing a large number of agents and queues in a contact center can be challenging. You can define administrator roles with granular control to administer and manage an individual agents group, a queue, or a channel. For example, if your contact center experience large inbound call volume to the support queue, you can create an administrator role to configure and manage the support queue exclusively.
The following objects in Configuration Manager offer individual settings for role permissions:
- Agents: allows you to control agents belonging to individual or selective groups
- Queues: allows you to control an individual queue or selective queues
- Scripts: allows you to control an individual script or selective scripts
- Channels: allows you to control an individual channel or selective channels
To define a role with granular control:
- From the , open Security.
- Go to the Roles tab.
- Create a new role, or edit an existing role.
- In the Permissions tab of the role settings, select the Edit Individual Settings check box for Agents, Queues, Scripts, or Channels.
- From the list of available items, assign individual permissions such as details, edit, or delete.
The Individual Permissions Assignment window opens.
- Click OK. The definition of individual settings is complete for the role.
- Click Save to save the role and assign an administrator.
Open topic with navigation