Transfer Phone Interactions to an External Phone Number
allows agents to transfer an active phone call to an external phone number.
To transfer a phone interaction to an external number:
- Announce to the current caller that you are going to transfer them to another telephone number.
- While in an active call on line 1, click line 2 in the Phone tab.
automatically places the phone interaction on line 1 on hold.
- Type a telephone number then click Dial.
- In the United States, type <1> before the area code.
- If Agent Console prompts you to choose a , choose a code from the list, and click Save.
See Select Transaction Codes for more information. Ringing appears instead of Dial, indicating that Agent Console has called the number.
- After the second party has answered the phone, tell the second party you are transferring a phone interaction to them, then click Transfer Lines to complete the transfer.
Agent Console changes your status to Post Processing.
- To transfer the call before the second party answers the phone, click Transfer Lines.
Agent Console forwards the call, then changes your status to Post Processing.
Note: If the second party does not answer the call, and the second party does not have a voice mailbox, the call eventually times out and is dropped.
- Click End Post Processing to change your status to Available, or click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks. For information about your contact center's timeout interval, contact your contact center administrator.
Open topic with navigation