Process Outbound Campaign Calls
The Dialer is an automated outbound phone-based dialer that searches and retrieves a target call list from campaigns defined by the administrator. Campaigns are assigned to outbound phone queues, while agents are assigned to these queues. As an agent, when you change your status to Available, a campaign call is offered to you if you are a member of the queue a campaign is assigned to. The Control Panel on your indicates an outbound call, and the Display Panel presents the contact record details for your preview. You can preview the contact record, and decide to start, reject (if permitted by administrators), or skip the call.
To process a campaign call:
- Change your status to Available in the Control Panel.
A campaign call is offered.
The Phone tab blinks red. The Display Panel presents the complete contact record for preview, while the Control Panel indicates an outbound call.
- After a quick preview of the contact record, you can decide to initiate, reject, or skip the call.
Note: The Reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted the permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
Note: If you do not accept the call within the timeout period, your status changes to On Break automatically.
- To initiate the call, click Start. Your phone rings.
- Answer your phone. The destination number dials automatically if a default phone is selected.
- In the absence of a default phone number, select a destination number to dial from the drop-down list of numbers.
- Click Options to see processing options, such as playing a pre-recorded message, recording the conversation, or selecting a transaction code.
- Select a desired option, and complete the call.
- To reject the call, click Reject. Your status automatically changes to Work Offline. The call is routed back to the queue for the next available agent.
- To skip the call, click Skip. The call skips, and the next call in the queue is offered.
The skipped record is marked as completed.
- If autodial is set up by your contact center administrator, a preview of the campaign record is offered and triggers the preview countdown. A notification appears alerting a call is about to be placed if you do not take an action manually. The system then initiates a call automatically after the preview countdown times out. The minimum preview duration is 15 seconds.
If the agent is connected via off-Hook the customer’s number will be called and they will be connected immediately. The interaction continues as normal.
Open topic with navigation