Add External Parties to a Conference Call
Perform the following procedure to add an external party to a conference call.
To add an external party to a conference call:
- Announce to the current caller that you are going to add them to a multi-party conference call.
- Open the Phone tab, and click line 2.
automatically places line 1 on hold.
- In the number text entry area, type a telephone number, and then click Dial.
Agent Console dials the number. After the phone has been answered, the sound of a human or recorded voice enables the Join Lines feature.
- In the United States, type 1 before the area code.
- If Agent Console prompts you to choose a , in the list of codes, choose a code, then click Save. For information about choosing Transaction Codes, see Select Transaction Codes.
- If you receive the agent's voicemail, click End Call to disconnect the call and return to line 1.
- If a person answered the phone, tell them that you are adding them to a conference call, and then click Join Lines.
Agent Console connects both the new participant and you to any callers already on line 1.
- Click End Call to disconnect from the conference.
Agent Console leaves the other parties connected to the conference call.
Open topic with navigation