Establish Collaborate Sessions
Perform the following procedure to establish a session.
To establish a Collaborate session:
- Click Collaborate from the Menu drop-down of the Control Panel.
displays the Collaborate page.
- In the Collaborate page, click Generate Session.
Agent Console creates a unique Collaborate session code and places the code in the Session Code text entry area.
To the right of the Session Code text entry area, Agent Console lists the URL of the Collaborate web page.
- Help the customer connect to the Collaborate session.
- Communicate the URL of the Collaborate web page and the unique Collaborate session code to the customer.
You can use phone, chat, or email to provide the customer with the information they need to connect to the Collaborate session.
- After the customer connects to the Collaborate web page, direct the customer to paste the Collaborate session code into the Enter Session Code text entry area and click Share My Computer.
- When the customer is prompted to run or save the program file downloaded by the Collaborate feature, direct the customer to click Run.
If the customer receives an additional warning that the program's publisher could not be verified, direct the customer to click Run again.
- When the Collaborate session prompts the customer to accept or reject the Collaborate session, direct the customer to click Yes.
- Point out to the customer that they can click Disconnect Now in their Collaborate session to immediately end the session.
- In Agent Console, in the Collaborate page, click Launch Viewer.
Agent Console creates a new browser session, then connects that session to the customer's computer. You can now use the Collaborate session to directly control the customer computer to provide hands-on assistance.
- To end the Collaborate session, click Disconnect in your session window.
You can also direct the customer to click Disconnect Now in their Collaborate session.
Open topic with navigation