Configure Individual System Sign-On Integration with Zendesk
Configuring Zendesk integration for Individual System Sign-On involves a few steps. Refer to the Appendix for a better understanding of the inbound interaction call flow and how to set up Virtual Contact Center channels for searching customer records.
- Log in to Zendesk as an administrator.
- Click in the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Click Marketplace.
- Select 8x8 Contact Center app from the list.
- At the prompt, enter your Virtual Contact Center tenant URL.
- Click Install.
Once the app is installed, the 8x8 app icon appears in the header bar.
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Go to Integration > Screen Pop.
- Select the Enable Screen Pop check box.
- Select Zendesk as the Target Type.
- Enter the Service Name.
The service name is the web address where your help desk is hosted, as in <https://subdomain.zendesk.com>.
- Enter the Login URL. Append < /access/login> to the service URL, as in <https://subdomain.zendesk.com/access/login>.
- Save your configuration settings.
The screen pop configuration in the Configuration Manager is now complete.
A screen pop presents end user data to an agent automatically during an interaction, eliminating the need to manually search for the customer data. A screen pop occurs when the interaction is offered to an agent within the Zendesk dashboard. The process involves searching for end user records and displaying the search results on the agent’s screen. The end user records are searched using one of the following ways:
- Phone field matching caller's Automatic Number Identification (ANI) for Phone and Voicemail media
- Ticket ID for phone and chat interactions
The screen pop applies to inbound transactions, including phone, chat, and voicemail. If the search retrieves multiple records, the screen pop lists all matches in a table, and displays the details of the first record. If the search fails to find matching records, it pops a new end user record.
An auto log is triggered when a phone or chat interaction using 8x8 Virtual Contact Center is terminated. An auto log captures transaction details of interactions such as the call answered time, call duration, call termination time, and more in a call log. Accepting an inbound interaction triggers a new ticket. At the termination of the call, the ticket gets updated with the auto log information.
Zendesk agents must log in to their Zendesk account and enable it for integration by saving their Zendesk login credentials in their Virtual Contact Center agent profile.
To set up external CRM properties in the agent’s profile:
- Log in to your Zendesk agent account.
- Click the 8x8 app icon in the header bar to bring up Agent Console.
Note: To get started with the 8x8 Contact Center app, refer to the Zendesk Integration Agent Guide.
- Enter your credentials to log in to Agent Console.
- From the Control Panel menu, navigate to Profile.
- In the External Setup, enter the username, and the password used for logging in to your Zendesk account.
- Click Save to save your profile settings.
- Log out and log back in.