During inbound phone and chat interactions, Virtual Contact Center searches Zendesk customer records for matching contacts. This search is based on:
- Phone number (for phone media)
- Ticket ID (for phone and chat media)
- Email ID (for chat media)
Note:Virtual Contact Center supports searching by arbitrary data with customization.
Search customer records by:
- Phone number :You must set up your phone channel IVR script to direct the interaction to a phone queue.
Note: Currently, only numbers without any format or special characters may be searched. For the United States and Canada, the search is first performed including the leading zero. In the absence of matching records, the search is performed without the leading zero.
- Ticket ID (Phone and Voicemail media): Set up your channel IVR to get value from the caller as external variable 1. Upon validation, the matching end user data is presented to the agent.
- Ticket ID (Chat media): Set up your chat queues to collect the case numbers during a web chat request.
- Email ID: Set up your chat queues to collect the email ID during a web chat request.
Calls flowing into Virtual Contact Center queues are offered to agents in the available state. The call flow varies based on the search type and search results.
- Matching Record found: If the caller is an existing customer, the relevant customer or ticket record is presented to an available agent through screen pop. A screen pop for matching records occurs when an agent is offered an interaction. On accepting the call, Zendesk creates a new ticket. The agent updates the ticket with the necessary information, and ends the call.
- Matching record not found: If the caller does not exist in the database, Zendesk automatically creates and presents a new end user record. The agent may add more details to the end user record during the call. Zendesk creates a new ticket upon ending the call.
On ending the call, the agent gets post-processing time for a final wrap-up before the call terminates. If codes are mandatory, the call stays in post-processing mode until codes are selected. At the end of post-processing, Virtual Contact Center updates the ticket with the call log details automatically.
-If the search is based on ticket ID, the ticket status controls the behavior.
-If the ticket is open, new, or pending, the agent gets a screen pop of the ticket and the call log associated with the ticket.
-If the ticket is closed, screen pop does not occur during a chat. The screen pop of the closed ticket occurs during a phone call. On ending the call or chat, Zendesk creates a new ticket, and associates the call log with this ticket.