Try the following troubleshooting procedures to resolve the most common integration issues:
- Check your agent status. Your status must be Available to receive calls.
- Check phone number settings, and make sure you have set up a valid phone number or SIP URI.
- Check if you are assigned to the correct queues.
Check if the external CRM credentials in the agent profile are valid.
Error: The screen pop searches the Account, Contact, and Lead objects before returning the records that have matched the phone number of inbound Caller ID. If an agent does not have the permission to access any of the objects, the search fails.
Possible fix: Either assign agents who have the permission to access Account, Contact, and Lead objects, or send your request to 8x8 Support to remove the search feature for objects that are not needed by that agent.
An agent receives the following error message when logging in to Agent Console:
Error: An agent is logged in to Virtual Contact Center multiple times, likely via mobile phone, console, or non-console modes.
Possible fix: Log out and close all browser windows to start a new login session in Salesforce to launch Virtual Contact Center.
Error: The access is missing to Task type field.
Possible fix: You must set the field-level security and allow permission to Task type field.
To set the field-level security:
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Select App Setup from the left menu.
- Search and find Task Fields from the Quick Find/Search box. You can see all the task fields on the right side of the window.
- In the Task Fields page, click Type.
- Click Set Field-Level Security.
- Click Visible to allow users to use the field for auto call log.
- Check the appropriate profile, and click Save. The Type field is accessible the next time the agent logs in.
Error: Configuration Manager does not have agent enabled for Salesforce.
Possible fix: The tenant administrator has to log in to Configuration Manager and complete the integration configuration:
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Go to Integration > Screen Pop.
- Select Salesforce under Target Attributes.
- Select the Select and assign all agents check box.
For details, see our content on defining screen pop settings in the Configuration Manager guide.
Error: The agent profile is disabled.
Possible fix: Verify that the agent profile is enabled in the Configuration Manager.
Error: The employee's email address used for Salesforce login does not match the agent's email address in Configuration Manager.
Possible fix: Verify that the employee's email address used to log in to Salesforce matches with the Virtual Contact Center agent profile email address. The email address is case-sensitive.
Error: The message indicates that the Salesforce Single Sign-On token is expired, and the Virtual Contact Center is functioning without Salesforce integration. Therefore, the screen pop is not prompted.
Possible fix: Log out of both Virtual Contact Center and Salesforce, and log back in to both accounts to synchronize the SSO token.
Error: The supplementary package is missing, causing the error in auto log after an interaction.
Possible fix: You need to install SF_Contactual_Setup application. For details, see our content on installing the supplementary package.
Error: The agent converts a lead to an account during a call before saving the call log.
Solution: We do not currently have a solution. An enhancement will be implemented in the future release to address this issue.