The Switchboard Pro console allows you to receive multiple calls, check the availability of your contacts, and direct calls to a desired contact.
The Switchboard Pro user interface consists of:
- Call Management Window: The left side of the interface is the default location for receiving calls, and tracking calls that are on hold or parked for a particular contact.
- Contact Directory Window: The right side of the interface displays the contact directory for the phone system. You can quickly look up contacts using filters and keyword searches.
In the Call Management Window, click your status icon to view a drop-down of available presence statuses to choose from, such as Available or Do Not Disturb. These statuses are visible on 8x8 Work.
You can also choose to forward all calls to Auto Attendant.
For details, refer to Manage your Presence Status.
- Display Callee Details: Shows receptionist scripts based on callee ("You have reached AcmeJets. How may I help you?"), as well as more detailed caller information.
- Hide Call Notification after __ sec: If you receive notifications for Switchboard Pro in your browser, you can choose how long call notifications remain on your screen.
Note: This setting is only supported on Chrome.You may need to enable browser notifications manually.
- Enable Contact Filtering: When a customer calls a certain branch, the contacts in your contact directory filter to display only contacts within that branch. This way, you can forward calls more efficiently.
For details, refer to Settings.
To search for contacts in the contact directory, simply type a name, department, extension, or other information available in Switchboard Pro into the search bar. The search results automatically filter as you type.
In the contact directory, you can select the desired contact information fields to display.