Switchboard Pro Use Case Examples
The following are use case examples for creating receptionist roles using 8x8 Switchboard Pro:
- The company purchases one Switchboard Pro license to be shared by multiple employees.
The following use case describes the way you can share a single receptionist user profile:
- The company purchases a dedicated receptionist extension and a Polycom desk phone. Each employee has the username and password for the front desk extension.
- Create a user profile that is used only by the receptionist. This user profile is attached to the Polycom telephone at the front desk.
- When the morning receptionist logs in, call forwarding to Auto Attendant is automatically canceled, and calls can reach the receptionist phone.
- When the evening receptionist logs off, Switchboard Pro forwards calls to Auto Attendant until the receptionist logs in again the next day.
- Shift work is covered and all receptionists share the same Switchboard Pro license, login, and password.
- The company purchases a dedicated Switchboard Pro license for each receptionist.
The following use case describes how to share and control receptionist calls with several receptionists functioning simultaneously:
- The company uses a ring group to route telephone calls to a pool of receptionists.
- Each employee has an extension and a Polycom desk phone.
- Each employee or receptionist is assigned a dedicated Switchboard Pro license.
- Receptionists log in to Switchboard Pro in order to take calls.
- An employee or receptionist controls participation in a ring group with the Do Not Disturb status selected from Switchboard Pro, preventing ring group calls from reaching the receptionist.
- The company uses branch office receptionists.
The following use case describes how to use receptionist extensions for multiple branch offices:
- The company has five branch offices, and each branch office has its own main phone number.
- The company purchases five Switchboard Pro licenses; one for each branch office.
- At each branch office, the receptionist logs in to Switchboard Pro and manages calls coming to the branch office.
- Each branch office can implement use case 1 or 2 above to manage its workload.