Switchboard Pro lets you easily see the availability status of contacts in the Status column. Likewise, your colleagues can see your status as set above the Call Management Window.
The following status options are available to you:
- Available: Allows you to receive and handle calls. On the 8x8 Work for Desktop, your contacts see your status as available.
- Away: Lets contacts know that you are briefly unavailable. On the 8x8 Work for Desktop, your contacts see that you are away.
- DND: Stops presenting calls on your extension and follows DND rules. On the 8x8 Work for Desktop, your contacts see your status as DND.
- Busy: Automatically turns on during a phone call. On the 8x8 Work for Desktop, your contacts see that you are taking a call.
- Invisible: Prevents contacts from seeing that you are online.
- Log Out: By logging out of Switchboard Pro, calls are sent to your telephone extension and you can manage them from your Polycom desktop phone. On the 8x8 Work for Desktop, you are shown as logged out until you log back in to Switchboard Pro or log in to the 8x8 Work for Desktop.
- Auto Attendant: You can forward calls to your auto attendant during your break or when you are not able to receive calls. Move the slider to enable or disable call forwarding to the auto attendant. If you have access to more than one auto attendant, you can select which auto attendant to forward to.
Best Practice: A receptionist can forward calls to an auto attendant from the presence management controls. This is useful for taking breaks.
At the end of the day, enable call forwarding to your auto attendant, then log out of Switchboard Pro. Switchboard Pro will keep forwarding calls to your auto attendant until the receptionist logs back in to Switchboard Pro.
Note: Handling multiple calls from your Polycom desk phone requires a subscription to Virtual Receptionist plans. For details, refer to Call Capacity Requirements.