Set up Switchboard Pro
Switchboard Pro provides a graphical overview of all incoming calls to help you manage your phone system. Once you assign a Switchboard Pro to a user profile, a switchboard receptionist can route callers right from the desktop. Switchboard Pro is an optional feature that can be purchased separately.
To configure a switchboard, you must name the switchboard and assign a user profile.
Note: To configure Switchboard Pro, you must be a phone system administrator with access to Switchboard Pro settings.
Configure in Configuration Manager
As an administrator with access to Configuration Manager, you must enable a user to access Switchboard Pro, and assign them to answer calls for the desired company location.
To enable a user to access Switchboard Pro:
- In the main page of Configuration Manager, click Users.
- Click Create User to create a new user.
Click the More Options icon next to an existing user, and select Edit.
- Under Advanced Settings > Switchboard, enable user access to Switchboard Pro, and save. The user receives an email notification with information on how to log in to Switchboard Pro.
To assign a receptionist:
- In the main page of Configuration Manager, click Switchboard.
- Click Add greeting to assign a new switchboard receptionist.
- In the window that pops up, assign the desired user, enter their associated greeting, and save.
- The selected user and greeting appear in the list of available switchboard receptionists.
- Click the Main Menu icon, and select Sites to open a list of your company's locations; you must now assign your receptionist to a site. This allows you to manage your receptionist greetings by site to offer a tailored experience for callers ("Welcome to AcmeJets San Francisco; how may I help you?").
- Click Create Site to create a new site.
Click the More Options icon next to an existing site, and select Edit.
- Under Voice Service Settings, enter a Receptionist to receive calls for the specified site, and save.
Configure in Account Manager
As an administrator with access to Account Manager, you must configure a switchboard and assign the desired user as a receptionist.
To configure a switchboard:
- In Account Manager, click Phone System in the top navigation bar.
- Under the Phone System menu, click Switchboard.
- On Switchboard Users, click View to open the Switchboard Pro page.
- Click under the Switchboard Name column to edit the name of the desired switchboard.
- Enter a name, and click Edit.
- Click under the User Name column for the desired switchboard.
- Click Select next to the user profile you want to assign the switchboard to.
- The switchboard is now configured with a name and user profile.