You are here: Overview
The 8x8 Switchboard Pro application is an optional receptionist console software application for 8x8 Virtual Office that increases the efficiency of your organization with better phone call management, allowing callers to efficiently get in touch with your organization and enjoy the best possible customer experience.
Switchboard Pro is flexible and easy to use. With a few clicks, a receptionist can manage multiple calls, voicemails, and chat sessions, and direct communications to the appropriate contacts in their organization.
With Switchboard Pro, a receptionist can quickly and efficiently:
- Manage as many calls as the extension is configured for, and take advantage of a flexible call handling system.
- Transfer calls to contacts, or directly to a contact's voicemail if the caller needs to reach a contact who is temporarily unavailable.
- Track the presence status of contacts to determine who is available for communication.
- Add notes to contacts with important information, such as whether the contact asked not to be disturbed or is working from a different time zone than usual.
- Park calls to be picked up by any extension in the organization. If you need to direct a call to a team rather than a single person, for example, you can let the team leader know that there is a call waiting for someone in their team to pick up using the call park extension number given for the call.
- Direct calls to an auto attendant to help callers reach their destination during hours when a live receptionist is unavailable.
- Chat and consult with a contact before transferring a call to confirm the contact's availability.
- Manage voicemail received from callers or contacts.
8x8 Switchboard Pro has the following limitations:
- Switchboard Pro version 1.0 requires a Virtual Office extension with an 8x8 Polycom desk phone in order to answer calls. Logging in from a stand-alone softphone extension is not supported, and will show an error.
- Switchboard Pro version 1.0 does not support Internet Explorer.
For details, refer to System Requirements.
Open topic with navigation