Any customer in need of assistance can launch an 8x8 Co-browsing session using a button or an embedded chat window on a website. If you are an agent, you can also initiate a Co-browsing session via chat.
On a website, Co-browsing is initiated by customers seeking assistance. In this process, agents play a secondary role in establishing a remote session from 8x8 Agent Console. Let's walk through this process on a travel website from the customer's perspective.
To start a session from a web page:
- While browsing through the website as a customer, initiate a call or chat with a customer support agent.
Note: If the buttons in the window are disabled, please contact your 8x8 sales representative.
- In the pop-up, click Start Sharing to generate a session code.
- Communicate this code to the agent via the call or chat you initiated earlier.
- To establish the Co-browsing session, the agent must go to Menu > Co-browsing in 8x8 Agent Console to open the Co-browsing window, and enter the code given by the customer.
The co-browsing window is automatically minimized as soon as the co-browsing session is established. The minimized window, however remains on the customer's screen. The customer can drag and relocate the co-browsing window. Click on the top-right corner to maximize or minimize the window.
- Now the agent can guide the customer with navigation on the website, or offer hands-on assistance.
- Agent can enable Auto-fit to automatically scale their view to fit the customer's browser view settings. The Co-browsing mode is also displayed to the agent.
- During the session, agents can highlight content on web pages using on the header bar, and call out information to customers.
- If content masking has been enabled in Co-browsing by the administrator, you can co-fill any required form on the website while keeping sensitive information secure.
To stop the Co-browsing session as the customer, click the help link you used to start the Co-browsing session again, and click Stop Sharing in the pop-up window that appears. Once the session has stopped, the pop-up shows the session status as disconnected.
On the agent's side, the agents see the page loading each time they open another page on the customer's website. Agents can close the session by clicking the Close Session button on the top-right corner of the header bar.
Using the Co-browsing option in an embedded chat window, either an agent or a customer can initiate a Co-browsing session.
Once the administrator enables Co-browsing via chat, agents can invite customers for Co-browsing from a chat session in 8x8 Agent Console.
- While logged in to 8x8 Agent Console, accept the incoming chat interaction from a customer.
- Open the chat interaction drop-down menu, and select Invite for Co-browsing.
The customer sees a prompt to accept the invitation, and selects Yes, start sharing.
- Once the customer accepts, you see a notification. Click Join to join the new Co-browsing session.
- To end the session, open the chat interaction drop-down menu again, and select Stop Co-browsing.
As a customer, you can request a Co-browsing session via chat while chatting with an agent.
Note: Check out our video on Co-browsing in 8x8 Contact Center.