Open topic with navigation
You are here: Salesforce Integration Overview
Salesforce Integration Overview
Virtual Contact Center offers multichannel integration with Salesforce CRM, allowing you to set up quickly and combine the benefits of your Salesforce CRM with the capabilities of Virtual Contact Center. The integration supports communication with customers via channels, allowing you to access data from your CRM through an integrated Agent Console. 8x8 Virtual Contact Center provides key information about each customer interaction, giving you insight into the full customer experience, and allowing you to access detailed records of communications with each customer.
During an inbound interaction, Virtual Contact Center tracks if the caller is an existing user by searching CRM records and presenting the matching record for preview by agents. Agents can be better informed and prepared to answer customer interactions by previewing relevant customer record details.
Virtual Contact Center’s custom screen pop integration with your CRM offers the following benefits:
- Out-of-the-box integration with minimal custom development work
- Increased agent productivity with integrated one-click dialing
- Tools that help provide agents with up-to-date information and knowledgeable service
This guide is intended for Salesforce administrators configuring 8x8 Contact Center integration with Salesforce CRM:
- If you are a new 8x8 Contact Center integration customer, follow the instructions for Salesforce integration Version 3.1.
- If you have been an 8x8 Contact Center integration customer, follow the instructions for Salesforce integration Version 1.0.
The integration with Virtual Contact Center offers the following features:
- Seamless 8x8 Contact Center integration with the Salesforce environment, providing an intuitive interface that makes it easier for agents to interact with customers.
- Integrate with the Salesforce Classic, Console, and Lightning platforms and desktop environments.
- Supported Single Sign-On functionality, which allows agents to sign in to Virtual Contact Center app from the native Salesforce environment without needing an extra set of credentials.
- Take advantage of multimedia channels: phone, chat, email, and voicemail for flexible communications.
- Supported screen pop for inbound interactions and outbound campaign calls.
- During an interaction, search and find the CRM record, and assign the call log to the appropriate CRM record. Add additional notes if needed.
- Use integrated functionality with Agent Console .
- Take advantage of Virtual Contact Center skills-based routing, which ensures that customers are directed to the agent who can best solve their problem.
- View real-time queue status and agent presence to manage the interactions efficiently.
- Ability to search the CRM records from the 8x8 Contact Center app’s Search tab.
- Ability to select a possible match from Salesforce contacts. Any record opened during an interaction gets listed as a possible match which allows you to associate the call log to it.
- Ability to click-to-dial directly from the native Salesforce account.
- Communicate with customers via integrated chat channels, log chat transcripts as a task and associate it with the desired CRM record.
- Customization allows you to inject custom data into call logs, support any Salesforce object as well as custom objects.
Version 3.1 of 8x8 Contact Center integration with Salesforce only supports users with 8x8 Unified Login, and 8x8 Unified Login with Virtual Office. If you use a regular Virtual Contact Center tenant, Single Sign-On functionality is not supported.
Open topic with navigation