About 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App for administrators
The 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app provides integrated business messaging for Teams users, allowing them to conveniently send or receive SMS texts, MMS messages, and faxes directly from Teams with their 8x8 business number. Users can also view or listen to their business or group voicemails and log in or out of assigned call queues. The 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app also adds self-service access so that Teams users can change their 8x8 call management settings without unnecessary IT intervention.
The best part about this new capability with 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams is that it is quick and easy, giving users everything they need to get the most from Microsoft Teams.
IT Admins can obtain the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app from Microsoft AppSource and deploy it to their users’ Microsoft Teams app bar from the Microsoft Teams Admin Center together with assigned permissions.
This guide explains how to add and distribute the 8x8 app to all or selected Microsoft Teams users in your organization.
This guide is intended for 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app integration administrators.
Note: For instructions on how to log in and use the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app, see 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams App User Help.
8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams is available in over 40 countries where 8x8 offers full Public Switched Network Services (PSTN) replacement services.
With 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app, you can:
- Log in and log out of call queues and handle calls directed to the queues
- Navigate to the analytics of a selected call queue to detect any performance issues
- Set up your 8x8 voicemail preferences
- Set up External call ID settings
- Define call forwarding preferences for your extension
- Select the default music-on-hold or add a custom recording
- Send and receive faxes
- Send and receive SMS/MMS messages (Limited to the United States and Canada)
- Filter, listen or see transcription of personal voicemails. (Note: Transcription of group voicemails is currently not supported.)
- 8x8 X Series License
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams license
Microsoft Azure AD for user Single Sign-On (SSO) is required to sign-in users in the Microsoft Teams app (Learn more.)
Note: For more information, see 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams.